Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Yan Sosak, a 2D and 3D artist most known for his YouTube channel called YanSculpts where he shares awesome Blender tutorials, on sculpting, textures, speedpaints, time lapses and more.
Get in touch with Yan
“Don’t just wait for something to happen to you. It’s not gonna happen by itself. Decide your life by yourself!”
How did you plan on this?
- Yan is currently on his 10’000 hours journey to become a great artist, he is drawing every single day, using a stopwatch to measure it. It’s not about the hours though, it is about being psychologically prepared that it takes too much time
- In order to do the 10’000 hours challenge, Yan saved a lot of chaos, he stopped partying, cut down on food and anything that is not necessary. He is fully focused. It takes a lot of sacrifices.
- Yan is always frustrated when he learns, but that’s a good thing because that’s the only way you learn, if you are comfortable, you don’t learn and you should stay away from that.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Sculpt January by Zacharias Reinhardt
- Blender Market – market for Blender creators
- TED Talks about 10’000 hours phenomenon
Special thanks to Yan for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Yan Sosak, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
This episode is sponsored by
- ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
Ep.164: Great tips for art gallery shows with Marc Scheff
In this episode, I am chatting with Marc Scheff, an artist, educator, and curator from Brooklyn. His work has been featured in ImagineFX, Spectrum.
Ep.179: How I quit my job to become a full-time freelancer with Asia Ladowska
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Asia Ladowska. We talk about how she quit her job to become a full-time freelancer, what she learned and experienced along the way. We also talk about her book she will be publishing through Kickstarter soon!
Ep.163: Ester Conceicao aka Tehchan on how to do stylized drawing
In this episode, I am chatting with Ester Conceicao aka Tehchan, a concept artist, and illustrator. She is most known for her illustrations of animals.
Ep.131: How to make living by doing traditional art with Lioba Brückner
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lioba Brückner, a painter based in Germany, most known for portraying young women in a surrealistic manner superimposed by plants or insects. She runs a very popular art YouTube channel full of tutorials.
Ep.12: On finding your unique style with Robb Mommaerts
Robb is a comic books illustrator and graphic designer. He specializes in drawing comic books, children's books, game art, and character design.