Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Yan Sosak, a 2D and 3D artist most known for his YouTube channel called YanSculpts where he shares awesome Blender tutorials, on sculpting, textures, speedpaints, time lapses and more.
Get in touch with Yan
“Don’t just wait for something to happen to you. It’s not gonna happen by itself. Decide your life by yourself!”
How did you plan on this?
- Yan is currently on his 10’000 hours journey to become a great artist, he is drawing every single day, using a stopwatch to measure it. It’s not about the hours though, it is about being psychologically prepared that it takes too much time
- In order to do the 10’000 hours challenge, Yan saved a lot of chaos, he stopped partying, cut down on food and anything that is not necessary. He is fully focused. It takes a lot of sacrifices.
- Yan is always frustrated when he learns, but that’s a good thing because that’s the only way you learn, if you are comfortable, you don’t learn and you should stay away from that.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Sculpt January by Zacharias Reinhardt
- Blender Market – market for Blender creators
- TED Talks about 10’000 hours phenomenon
Special thanks to Yan for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Yan Sosak, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
This episode is sponsored by
- ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
Ep.64: JellieBee on how to start with YouTube and her interest in Japanese culture
Morgan Amelia, from the UK, also known as JellieBee is a sequential illustrator developing comics and creating YouTube videos about art and illustration.
Ep.113: Kenny Anderson on how to start your art career
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Kenny Anderson, a character designer, illustrator, and animator. He worked on the Oscar-nominated film "The Illusionist" in 2010 and with companies, such as BBC Ceebeebies, and Disney Interactive.
Ep.117: How to get internship in Disney with Tyler ‘Ty’ Amato
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Tyler Amato, an Illustrator and Art Director from Florida. She has worked in Disney's Yellow Shoes Creative Group, the in-house creative shop for Disney Destinations.
Ep.196: What’s new with Djamila Knopf
In this episode we are chatting with Djamila about what is new in her life since we talked two years ago! Enjoy!!
Ep.153: How much should I charge for my art with Lei Melendres (Doodle Art Enthusiasts)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lei Melendres, a freelance illustrator, and professional doodle artist from the Philippines. He currently serves as the Head of Doodle Art Enthusiasts, and as a Creative Director of Doodle Arts Magazine.