Odunze is a comic manga artist, storyboard artist, character designer and a writer, originally from Nigeria, now living and working from Texas, United States. He is the author and illustrator of Apple Black comic and Co-Founder of Saturday-AM, the HOME OF THE MOST DIVERSE SHONEN MANGA ANTHOLOGY SINCE 2013.
Get in touch with Odunze
- Apple Black comic: http://www.saturday-am.com/appleblack
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/whytmanga/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/WhytMangaTV
“Always want to improve yourself and don’t quit!”
- Odunze has always wanted to be a comic books author and illustrator. He went straight for his goal and it was actually an easy decision. Now, even if he lost his hands and couldn’t draw, he would fight to tell his story somehow!
- Odunze says that school helps you to connect with people to tie things and put things together easier
- About YouTube, Odunze advises that first, you need to know to be a YouTuber and then an artist. YouTube is a ‘beast’ on its own.
- Odunze says you shouldn’t let perfection stop you from doing anything. At the end of the day, nobody is perfect!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Odunze’s comic books Apple Black
- Odunze’s’ early influences: Pokemon, One Piece, Bleach series
- Co-Founder of SaturdayAM – Frederick Jones
- #summerofmanga – each summer SaturdayAM try to find creators out there
- YouTube tool – TubeBuddy – helps you work with production more efficiently
- Art Tools: Wacom tablets
- Learning tools: Skillshare
Special thanks to Odunze for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Odunze Oguguo, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.195: How to implement art in business with Holly Fae
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Holly Fae an artist and entrepreneur with a wealthy knowledge of how to make a living with your art. Enjoy!!
Ep.128: Be a student of life with Brian Ajhar
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Brian Ajhar, a character designer, illustrator, and storyteller. His art career has spanned 3 decades and his clients include magazines, newspapers, advertising agencies, corporations, and book publishers.
Ep.54: Helga Jiang from PuddingFishcakes about art and craft communities on YouTube
Helga has been making video tutorials in an effort to bring the joy of polymer clay and crafts to other crafters like herself.
Ep.186: Part 1 – How to get noticed as an artist on social media with Sweeney Boo
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with Sweeney Boo, a freelance artist from Canada known for her graphic novel “Eat and Love Yourself”.
Ep.160: Think before you start drawing with Modern Day James
Modern Day James, an artist, designer, and musician known for his popular YouTube channel and Patreon.
Ep.151: Atey Ghailan aka Snatti on why should always have your personal art projects
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Atey Ghailan, a.k.a Snatti, a concept artist, and illustrator, in LA. He works as Senior Illustrator and concept artist at Riot Games. In his free time, he works on his personal project called Path of Miranda.