“LIFE’S AN ENDLESS SERIES OF LITTLE BEAUTIFUL DETAILS”
Anabella is the designer behind What a Curly Life. She is passionate about creating and loves to bring joy and smiles with everything she makes.
What a Curly Life is a result of that. Anabella spends her days making handmade adorable baby mobiles and unique items for the little ones. She creates each item with the utmost care with the intention of becoming a loved heirloom.The intention behind every product from What a Curly Life is to make your nursery unique, bring smiles and capture everyone’s attention.
Join Evolve Artist Program, the world’s simplest art training method with results guaranteed!
★ Use my coupon code to get a special discount
Get in touch with Ani
- Website: whatacurlylife.co.uk
- Etsy: whatacurlylife
- Instagram: whatacurlylife
“If you want to do something and want to create, just go for it, don’t be afraid of failing. There is always a good chance people will get to know you and praise you! Just start, just do it, don’t waste your time … if you don’t try, you don’t know … if you don’t fail, you won’t learn”
- When Ani turned 30 she realized she is not happy with what she is doing with her life. She started the What a Curly Life as a hobby to forget her work. People encouraged her to sell it on Etsy and sell it did. She decided to quit her full-time job and put all the energy into What a Curly Life and now it’s thriving business
- She would have started earlier. The biggest fear was the failure. She told herself if you don’t try you will never know. It took her long time to try. She was thinking more about negative side than the positive. I guess you gotta go through the whole process to realize what you are missing out …
- Ani is self-taught, she studied fashion design. She has been doing it for 15 years … in the beginning she had to find out how to make toys. She knew how to sew/do stitches, but didn’t know how to produce toys. She went through different websites, found blogs. Every single person would have a different technique. That’s great, you have a freedom to use any technique and experiment. Felt is a good material to work with
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY Sewing Machines
- Nikon D5100 digital camera for taking high-quality pictures
- Ani’s felt suppliers
- Cloud Craft – Ani’s first supplier, a local business selling worldwide, accepts small order sizes
- Hollandfelt – requires bulk orders
Special thanks to Ani for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Ani Cahwje, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Hi, I am Iva (rhymes with “viva”). I am a full-time self-taught artist behind Art Side of Life® and a Top Teacher on Skillshare. I have 15 years of experience in the creative field as a concept designer, illustrator, art director, and now freelance artist, content creator, and art instructor. My goal is to help you get your creative groove on with Procreate and make awesome art through practical classes, tutorials, Procreate brushes, and guides on art tools, supplies and resources. About me »
More Podcast Episodes:
Ep.210: Interview with community members – Donovan, Visi and Keshna (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway - Donovan (fantasy artist, Texas), Visi (Illustrator, Colorado) and Keshna (Illustrator, New Jersey).
Ep.209: Interview with community members – Alex and Petar (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Alex (graphic designer from Poland) and Petar (3D artist from North Macedonia).