“LIFE’S AN ENDLESS SERIES OF LITTLE BEAUTIFUL DETAILS”
Anabella is the designer behind What a Curly Life. She is passionate about creating and loves to bring joy and smiles with everything she makes.
What a Curly Life is a result of that. Anabella spends her days making handmade adorable baby mobiles and unique items for the little ones. She creates each item with the utmost care with the intention of becoming a loved heirloom.The intention behind every product from What a Curly Life is to make your nursery unique, bring smiles and capture everyone’s attention.
Get in touch with Ani
“If you want to do something and want to create, just go for it, don’t be afraid of failing. There is always a good chance people will get to know you and praise you! Just start, just do it, don’t waste your time … if you don’t try, you don’t know … if you don’t fail, you won’t learn”
- When Ani turned 30 she realized she is not happy with what she is doing with her life. She started the What a Curly Life as a hobby to forget her work. People encouraged her to sell it on Etsy and sell it did. She decided to quit her full-time job and put all the energy into What a Curly Life and now it’s thriving business
- She would have started earlier. The biggest fear was the failure. She told herself if you don’t try you will never know. It took her long time to try. She was thinking more about negative side than the positive. I guess you gotta go through the whole process to realize what you are missing out …
- Ani is self-taught, she studied fashion design. She has been doing it for 15 years … in the beginning she had to find out how to make toys. She knew how to sew/do stitches, but didn’t know how to produce toys. She went through different websites, found blogs. Every single person would have a different technique. That’s great, you have a freedom to use any technique and experiment. Felt is a good material to work with
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Ani’s felt suppliers
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Ani for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Ani Cahwje, used with permission