Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Hedvig H-S, better known as Vixiearts, a concept artist, freelance illustrator & comic artist. She started as a comic artist in 2004 and has since then created art for books, animation, games, magazines.
Get in touch with Hedvig
“Be kind to one another, you never know who will be your best friend, employer or employee.”
“Learn to collaborate with other artists and get feedback. It is so much fun and you can improve very fast.”
- Hedvig says, what helped her progress the most was when he went to a comic art school and started to hang out with other artists. They grew together. It’s about art of collaboration. Getting feedback, comments, discussion. Every feedback, whether good or bad helps you to grow
- Hedvig advises about character design and how to get better. It’s all about just drawing and practicing everyday, you learn shortcuts, and that less is more.
- Hedvig likes traveling long distances and being stuck in traffic or inflight. It gives her time to drift into stories and draw. She always carries a sketchbook
- Hedvig always does warm up sketches in the morning and she calls them lines of action
- Hedvig’s influence at young age
- Art tools
Special thanks to Hedvig for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Hedvig H-S, used with permission