Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Hedvig H-S, better known as Vixiearts, a concept artist, freelance illustrator & comic artist. She started as a comic artist in 2004 and has since then created art for books, animation, games, magazines.
Get in touch with Hedvig
“Be kind to one another, you never know who will be your best friend, employer or employee.”
“Learn to collaborate with other artists and get feedback. It is so much fun and you can improve very fast.”
- Hedvig says, what helped her progress the most was when he went to a comic art school and started to hang out with other artists. They grew together. It’s about art of collaboration. Getting feedback, comments, discussion. Every feedback, whether good or bad helps you to grow
- Hedvig advises about character design and how to get better. It’s all about just drawing and practicing everyday, you learn shortcuts, and that less is more.
- Hedvig likes traveling long distances and being stuck in traffic or inflight. It gives her time to drift into stories and draw. She always carries a sketchbook
- Hedvig always does warm up sketches in the morning and she calls them lines of action
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Hedvig’s influence at young age
- Art tools
Special thanks to Hedvig for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Hedvig H-S, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.55: Arucelli on having fun with art and being open to learning from everyone
Arucelli is a digital artist from North Carolina. She is most known for drawing anime and colorful Manga style with a fantasy feel.
Ep.132: How to use networking to find a job with Isaac Orloff
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Isaac Orloff, a visdev artist from LA. He has worked on television shows, games, and film projects with Zynga, Marvel animation, and Dreamworks. He is also known for the Sketch Dailies project.
Ep.159: How to make it as a foreign artist in Japan with Mateusz Urbanowicz
Mateusz Urbanowicz, a full-time freelance BG artist, illustrator, animation director. Among other projects he also worked on the movie "Your name".
Ep.123: How to improve your skills fast with Brett Bean from Drawn To It Studios
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Brett Bean, a Character Designer, Visdev Artist, and teacher. He is the owner of Drawn To It Studios, creating original content and outsourcing for clients like Disney, Dreamworks, Riot Games, and Marvel.
Ep.89: The journey of a professional comic/manga artist with Odunze Oguguo (Whytmanga)
Odunze, Whytmanga, is a comic manga artist, author and illustrator of Apple Black comic and Co-Founder of Saturday-AM.