Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Hedvig H-S, better known as Vixiearts, a concept artist, freelance illustrator & comic artist. She started as a comic artist in 2004 and has since then created art for books, animation, games, magazines.
Get in touch with Hedvig
“Be kind to one another, you never know who will be your best friend, employer or employee.”
“Learn to collaborate with other artists and get feedback. It is so much fun and you can improve very fast.”
- Hedvig says, what helped her progress the most was when he went to a comic art school and started to hang out with other artists. They grew together. It’s about art of collaboration. Getting feedback, comments, discussion. Every feedback, whether good or bad helps you to grow
- Hedvig advises about character design and how to get better. It’s all about just drawing and practicing everyday, you learn shortcuts, and that less is more.
- Hedvig likes traveling long distances and being stuck in traffic or inflight. It gives her time to drift into stories and draw. She always carries a sketchbook
- Hedvig always does warm up sketches in the morning and she calls them lines of action
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Hedvig’s influence at young age
- Art tools
Special thanks to Hedvig for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Hedvig H-S, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.88: Making your art prints special with Fleur de Marie (Coffeshere)
Fleur Marie is an illustrator, character designer and concept artist from Guadalajara, Mexico. She studied Graphic Design and Animation and currently works in Art Department of the local animation studio called Mister Machin where she creates character design and background art.
Ep.76: Michele Arrieta on the importance of 1-on-1 mentorship
Michele Arrieta is an illustrator and graphic designer living in San Diego, California
Ep.138: Piper Thibodeau on creating fantasy characters
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Piper Thibodeau, a freelance character designer, and illustrator who is most known for painting cute animals and critters and has worked with clients like Nickelodeon, CGMA, Concept Cookie and DreamWorks.
Ep.113: Kenny Anderson on how to start your art career
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Kenny Anderson, a character designer, illustrator, and animator. He worked on the Oscar-nominated film "The Illusionist" in 2010 and with companies, such as BBC Ceebeebies, and Disney Interactive.
Ep.158: The adventure of children’s book illustration with Richard Smythe
Richard Smythe, an awarded picture books illustrator and oil painter from the UK. He has worked with publishers such as Simon & Schuster, Paula Wiseman.