Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Hedvig H-S, better known as Vixiearts, a concept artist, freelance illustrator & comic artist. She started as a comic artist in 2004 and has since then created art for books, animation, games, magazines.
Join Evolve Artist Program, the world’s simplest art training method with results guaranteed!
★ Use my coupon code to get a special discount
Get in touch with Hedvig
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vixiearts/
- ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/vixiearts
“Be kind to one another, you never know who will be your best friend, employer or employee.”
“Learn to collaborate with other artists and get feedback. It is so much fun and you can improve very fast.”
- Hedvig says, what helped her progress the most was when he went to a comic art school and started to hang out with other artists. They grew together. It’s about art of collaboration. Getting feedback, comments, discussion. Every feedback, whether good or bad helps you to grow
- Hedvig advises about character design and how to get better. It’s all about just drawing and practicing everyday, you learn shortcuts, and that less is more.
- Hedvig likes traveling long distances and being stuck in traffic or inflight. It gives her time to drift into stories and draw. She always carries a sketchbook
- Hedvig always does warm up sketches in the morning and she calls them lines of action
- Hedvig’s influence at young age
- Lion King – absolutely blown away – I want to do it
- Comic book – Donald Duck & co. – huge influence
- Author – Carl Barks – storytelling & artwork
- Art tools
- iPad Pro with Apple Pencil and ProCreate App and Adobe Sketch
- Adobe Photoshop with Wacom Cintiq Companion
- Creative Illustration by Andrew Loomis – amazing
Special thanks to Hedvig for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Hedvig H-S, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Hi, I am Iva (rhymes with “viva”). I am a full-time self-taught artist behind Art Side of Life® and a Top Teacher on Skillshare. I have 15 years of experience in the creative field as a concept designer, illustrator, art director, and now freelance artist, content creator, and art instructor. My goal is to help you get your creative groove on with Procreate and make awesome art through practical classes, tutorials, Procreate brushes, and guides on art tools, supplies and resources. About me »
More Podcast Episodes:
Ep.210: Interview with community members – Donovan, Visi and Keshna (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway - Donovan (fantasy artist, Texas), Visi (Illustrator, Colorado) and Keshna (Illustrator, New Jersey).
Ep.209: Interview with community members – Alex and Petar (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Alex (graphic designer from Poland) and Petar (3D artist from North Macedonia).