Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Victoria Ying, author, and artist from LA. Her film credits include Tangled, Wreck it Ralph, Frozen, Paperman, Big Hero 6, and Moana. She was featured in the book Lovely – Ladies in Animation.
Get in touch with Victoria
“Be unique and be special, that means being yourself in the best way possible!”
- Victoria advises, when you are applying for a big studio, like Dreamworks or Pixar, check out their ‘Art of” books to understand their style and select your portfolio artworks based on that. Have a portfolio for each studio and each role if you are into different artistic fields.
- Victoria was a very focused and serious student and she wishes she was more open to experience other things. It took her some time to open up
- Victoria says that reading novels opened up her imagination a lot and inspired her current career of being author-artist
- Lovely – Ladies of Animation – a book where Victoria’s work is featured
- Meow! – Victoria’s book for children
- “Art of” books to research the studios
- Recommended tool: Bullet journal
Special thanks to Victoria for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Victoria Ying, used with permission