Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Tyson Murphy, a Principal Artist at Riot Games, the creators of The League of Legends. He used to work as a Lead Character Artist on World of Warcraft at Blizzard Entertainment.
Get in touch with Tyson
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tysmurph/
- Tumblr: http://tysonmurphy.tumblr.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tyson.d.murphy
“Just the focus on the quantity of your work brings you the satisfaction of growth as an artist”
- The best advice Tyson got may sound counterintuitive, but it’s true when it comes to learning. He tells a story about 2 potters who are tasked to make a perfect pot. The first one is allowed to work on only one pot and make it perfect and the second one can make as many as he wants. Which one do you think made the perfect pot?
- Tyson advises that you have a focus in art, but not too narrow. He as an art director, he has to know the craft of different artistic roles!
- Tyson is inspired and fired up just being around other people doing something that they are super passionate about and making the difference
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Games, Tyson worked on Blizzard
- Art tools:
- School, Tyson went to Brigham Young University BYU
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Tyson for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Tyson Murphy, used with permission