Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Tyler Amato, an Illustrator and Art Director from Florida. She has worked in Disney’s Yellow Shoes Creative Group, the in-house creative shop for Disney Destinations.
Get in touch with Tyler
“Be kind, and courteous to people and that will get you far!”
- Ty’s parents didn’t want her to go to arts, but the art teachers at high school were connecting with her and her work so they said they will support her
- Ty about getting to Disney Yellow Shoe studio. She applied through a conventional process because her mentor at the time encouraged her and said her art is good enough to apply. As she was going through the recruiting process and the rounds, it encouraged her even more.
- Ty’s mentor at the university was the creative director of their design office, he showered her with compliments but made sure to tell her to work hard at the same time
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Art tools:
- Slice network – California & New York – it’s an agency, you pay yearly fee and they host you on their website so the clients can find you
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Tyler for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Tyler Amato, used with permission