Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Tyler Amato, an Illustrator and Art Director from Florida. She has worked in Disney’s Yellow Shoes Creative Group, the in-house creative shop for Disney Destinations.
Join Evolve Artist Program, the world’s simplest art training method with results guaranteed!
★ Use my coupon code to get a special discount
Get in touch with Tyler
- Website: http://tyleramato.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tyleramato/
“Be kind, and courteous to people and that will get you far!”
- Ty’s parents didn’t want her to go to arts, but the art teachers at high school were connecting with her and her work so they said they will support her
- Ty about getting to Disney Yellow Shoe studio. She applied through a conventional process because her mentor at the time encouraged her and said her art is good enough to apply. As she was going through the recruiting process and the rounds, it encouraged her even more.
- Ty’s mentor at the university was the creative director of their design office, he showered her with compliments but made sure to tell her to work hard at the same time
- Art tools:
- Tyler is doing both traditional and digital art because it helps her to think in different views
- Moleskine sketchbooks
- Pentel watercolor sets – small ones, travel size
- Watercolor markers – easier to control
- CTNX in Burbank, CA, Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle WA, Megacon in Orlando, FL
- Slice network – California & New York – it’s an agency, you pay yearly fee and they host you on their website so the clients can find you
Special thanks to Tyler for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Tyler Amato, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.166: Awesome tips for game art with Katie Hamill aka Elentori
Katie Hamill, aka Elentori a digital artist, illustrator and game developer, currently working with Multivarious gaming studio
Ep.87: Creating more art buyers with Liezel & Kitty from Subject Matter Art Gallery
Liezel is the Co-Founder/Director and Kitty is the Artists director of Subjectmatter - a photographic contemporary gallery, which represents and promotes upcoming, established and award-winning artists.
Ep.170: The Filmmaking artist with Kesh
Kesh, a freelance illustrator and filmmaker from India, most known for his popular YouTube channel where he shares art tips and tricks
Ep.171: How to balance and grow with making art on the side with Marc Allante
Marc Allante, a contemporary artist from Hong Kong, known for merging traditional Chinese inks with European painting techniques in a contemporary art
Ep.205: Art licensing tips with Bonnie Christine
Bonnie Christine, an artist and pattern & textile designer. She is most known for her flowery designs, making artworks for companies & products.