Tomasz Mrozkiewicz, also known as Tomasz Mro is a 20-year-old, Polish illustrator currently living in the United Kingdom.
My passion for art started with drawing nothing but dinosaurs (you gotta start somewhere!). Over the years, I grew a strong affinity for watercolors and in addition I also work in pencil, pens, acrylic, inks and digitally in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. My works are highly influenced by graphic design, which I studied for 2 years at college.
Improve your art skills and learn how to make money as an artist. Check out my courses about Making Money as an Artist, Color & Light, Color Palettes, Perspective & Composition, Instagram and more!
In 2016 Tomasz decided to drop out of his art course and continue the art journey by himself. As a freelancer, he creates personal works which you can find on his social sites and purchase in his shop.
Get in touch with Tomasz
“Focusing on fundamentals will speed you so much! Don’t try to make masterpieces, try to learn things that you feel will make you improve, make fewer excuses and just do it! … and be yourself! “
- When Tomasz decided he will do art as his profession, he tried really hard, he would stay up until 2-3am to do art after school and he was totally determined he will succeed
- He decided to quit traditional schooling because he feels he will learn much more focusing on specific topics, mentoring and teaching himself. For example, he learns best when he picks up a topic, like an anatomy, buys books, in this case by Andrew Loomis and then stays with the topic for 3-4 weeks to master it.
- Traditional schools are very expensive – a year at UK university costs GBP 10’000 and if you don’t find value in it, you lost it. However, if you choose to buy books or go to workshops – online/offline, you will spend GBP 300 here and there, but it won’t be such a burden.
- Tomasz listens to a lot of podcasts like Art Side of Life, Chiu Stream, and Level up and they helped him grow personally and professionally
- Important for young artists – make Instagram, Facebook page and put your work out there. Many people close up and don’t show their art to others … but, even if you have only 300 followers, doesn’t matter because you never know when it can grow exponentially … you just have to wait for the right moment and consistently put your work out there
- 99% of people in the art community is so kind and so lovely. Don’t be shy, there are so many people who feel the same, it is always great to show yourself and what you do. They will support you
- Artist that influenced Tomasz the most on Instagram – Agnes Cecile
- Art education: Schoolism
- Art tools
Special thanks to Tomasz for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Tomasz Mrozkiewicz, used with permission