Teoh, also known as Parka from parkablogs.com is an artist/designer who creates graphics for news publication. In 2009, he started to focus on sketching and watercolor more seriously and now shares his experience and knowledge on his blog and on YouTube.
His Parka Blogs started as a personal blog about random musing. It has since evolved to feature reviews of art books and art products. The art books are mostly related to animation, movies, and comics.
Get in touch with Teoh
“You can learn to draw, it’s just the matter of the right technique … you just need the right teacher, or the right book and also the right motivation. The more you draw, the better you become!”
- Most of Teoh’s friends are artists and he spends time with them sketching, drawing and getting better
- “Always be practicing”, applies to every profession, not only arts. Learn from other artists, you can only get that far being self taught. You can learn faster if you have a teacher or a mentor
- Teoh loves sightseeing, observing places and he does lot of urban sketching with watercolors. It’s a very good way to practice. It helps him to capture the scenes he has seen. It’s like a memory for himself and if he is able to bring up that mood to others that’s good enough
- Urban sketching is much more memorable than taking photographs. If you sketch something for hours, you will remember it so well!
- Google Keep – Notes, ideas, checklists for coming up with ideas
- Bert Dodson – Keys to Drawing – for anybody who wants to learn to draw
Special thanks to Teoh for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Teoh YC, used with permission