Devin started her professional freelance illustrator career when she was only 15 years old! She creates stunning animals, creatures, and natural environment work. She loves to tutor and teach other artists as well and you can learn from her during private consultations or from her tutorials on Patreon and Gumroad.
Last year Devin started working as a Background Designer for the Rough Draft Studios in Burbank, who do art and animation for Futurama and also the newest project by Matt Groening and Netflix called Disenchantment.
Get in touch with Devin
- Website: http://www.devinellekurtz.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/devinellekurtz/
- Deviant Art: https://tamberella.deviantart.com/
“Draw something every day, even if it’s just a tiny doodle, keep the energy flowing!”
- Devin discovered at the age of 12 that she can make money by doing pet portraits. At the age of 15 she was already taking freelance jobs from game studios, children websites, phone apps, etc. Now she works for an animation studio because she wanted to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Devin says it can be difficult to get going and you have to think long term. Few years ahead, budget yourself and plan your future
- It all comes down to three things – you are either exceptionally good, or you are really marketable or you are really friendly. If you have all three, you are “golden”. It’s enough to have just two of those, though.
- Devin’s purpose in life is to make art education more accessible to more people
- Classes Devin took from Concept Design Academy in Pasadena
- Art Tools
- Fav movies
- Learning resources
Special thanks to Devin for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Devin Elle Kurtz, used with permission