Liezel is the Co-Founder/Director and Kitty is the Artists director of Subjectmatter – a photographic contemporary gallery, which represents and promotes upcoming, established and award-winning artists.
Get in touch with Liezel & Kitty
“Never be afraid to ask for help!”
- Liezel says Subject Matter came out of love for buying photographic art. She saw people buying expensive couches and sofas, but a mass produced piece of art. She wanted to change that
- Liezel & Kitty mention we can google everything, but not prices for art! As an art student, you should speak to your art school to introduce business courses. You gotta make a living! You got your costs and hours spent and rather starting low, you can always go up!
- On befriending gallery owners, Liezel & Kitty recommend to go to their shows and befriend them, be there for them attend the openings! You will develop a good relationship.
- Being a curator is a teamwork between the gallery and the artists – there needs to be a mutual respect and collaboration!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Unfold 2017 – collaboration between Subject Matter Art and London businesses
- Business tools:
Special thanks to Liezel & Kitty for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by artists represented by Subject Matter Art Gallery, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.38: Mattias Adolfsson on importance of details in your artwork and starting from scratch
Mattias is a freelance illustrator living just outside of Stockholm, Sweden. He is most known for his detailed ink illustrations,
Ep.5: About Manga art and hard work with Asia Ladowska
Asia Ladowska is a designer & illustrator based in the UK. She creates amazing characters inspired by Manga and created by either pencils or Copic markers
Ep.66: From studying Law to successful art career with Georgi Georgiev (Goshun)
Georgi is an illustrator and concept artist from Sofia, Bulgaria. He worked on concept art and matte paintings for movies such as Conan and Expendables.
Ep.157: Your role with your art is to communicate, not to be perfect with Fran Meneses aka Frannerd
Fran Meneses, aka Frannerd, a freelance illustrator in the UK. She is currently workingon supporting her art community on Patreon, YouTube, and Instagram.
Ep.95: Creating fantasy worlds with Jonas Jodicke aka JoJoe
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Jonas Jödicke, aka JoJoe from Germany. He is a freelance digital artist, fascinated by the worlds of fantasy and magic, the contrast between light/dark or good/evil which he portraits in his artworks.