Liezel is the Co-Founder/Director and Kitty is the Artists director of Subjectmatter – a photographic contemporary gallery, which represents and promotes upcoming, established and award-winning artists.
Get in touch with Liezel & Kitty
“Never be afraid to ask for help!”
- Liezel says Subject Matter came out of love for buying photographic art. She saw people buying expensive couches and sofas, but a mass produced piece of art. She wanted to change that
- Liezel & Kitty mention we can google everything, but not prices for art! As an art student, you should speak to your art school to introduce business courses. You gotta make a living! You got your costs and hours spent and rather starting low, you can always go up!
- On befriending gallery owners, Liezel & Kitty recommend to go to their shows and befriend them, be there for them attend the openings! You will develop a good relationship.
- Being a curator is a teamwork between the gallery and the artists – there needs to be a mutual respect and collaboration!
- Unfold 2017 – collaboration between Subject Matter Art and London businesses
- Business tools:
Special thanks to Liezel & Kitty for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by artists represented by Subject Matter Art Gallery, used with permission