Liezel is the Co-Founder/Director and Kitty is the Artists director of Subjectmatter – a photographic contemporary gallery, which represents and promotes upcoming, established and award-winning artists.
Get in touch with Liezel & Kitty
“Never be afraid to ask for help!”
- Liezel says Subject Matter came out of love for buying photographic art. She saw people buying expensive couches and sofas, but a mass produced piece of art. She wanted to change that
- Liezel & Kitty mention we can google everything, but not prices for art! As an art student, you should speak to your art school to introduce business courses. You gotta make a living! You got your costs and hours spent and rather starting low, you can always go up!
- On befriending gallery owners, Liezel & Kitty recommend to go to their shows and befriend them, be there for them attend the openings! You will develop a good relationship.
- Being a curator is a teamwork between the gallery and the artists – there needs to be a mutual respect and collaboration!
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Unfold 2017 – collaboration between Subject Matter Art and London businesses
- Business tools:
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Liezel & Kitty for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by artists represented by Subject Matter Art Gallery, used with permission