Based in Stockholm, Sweden, Stefan is working as a Freelance Concept Artist, Illustrator, and Art Director within the creative industries. Stefan also worked on Angry Birds 2 by Rovio where he created concept art and game art assets for the mobile game.
Get in touch with Stefan
- Website: http://stefanhansson.org/
- Behance: https://www.behance.net/shansson
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stefan_hansson_art/
Learn the productivity methods that will help you feel accomplished and not worried about the never-ending todo list. Achieve your dreams in 2020 with these methods.
“Just keep learning! ”
- Stefan advises keeping learning! No matter what you do, just keep experimenting. In this way, you never get bored and stuck because you get inspired by a new thing every day
- Stefan does everything from concepts, to caricatures, to 3D, to oil and Oil is his favorite, because you only focus on it. On the computer, you have all the distractions, like mail, Facebook, etc. Stefan is doing part-time oil painting classes that he found thanks to an ad on an art store
- After finishing his school, in order to get a job, Stefan contacted every gaming studio he knew in Europe. He sent tons of emails! He just kept doing it! You gotta pay bills somehow so if it’s not this it’s some other job you don’t want to do, so he just kept at it and succeeded
- Later most of the jobs found him via recommendations, friends of friends in gaming industry
- Stefan drinks coffee & does warm up sketches every morning, without exceptions, because otherwise, he is procrastinating whole day. What a great way to start your day!
- Studio with which Stefan works at the moment: Resolution games
- Great bookkeeping tool for Swedish market – BOOKIO.SE
Special thanks to Stefan for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Stefan Hansson, used with permission