Sébastien is a French concept artist, illustrator, and art director currently working at Supamonks studio and in the animation film industry.
Supamonks studio is proud to have its SupaResidence program. It allows young talents or seniors with a great project to produce their own short film in their studio. To do so, they provide a working environment, machines and their production pipeline and management, all for free.
Get in touch with Sébastien
- Website: https://sledivenah.myportfolio.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sledivenah/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sleudart
“Don’t forget to take a break!”
- Sebastien actually went to three art/animation schools – prep school where he learned the basics, traditional art schools, where he learned drawing, anatomy and further fundamentals and then the animation school where he strengthened his skills and learned about 2D/3D animation
- He got his first internship thanks to a friend who worked in the same studio and recommended him to apply. The Art Director liked his work and gave him a test that he accomplished successfully.
- He got to his current studio Supamonks by just being committed. He had a list of studios, in Paris, that he was interested in and he just sent out applications, subscribed to the studio list and called them
- The worst advice, Sebastien received was that people will never respect you if you are not paid enough. Well, he doesn’t earn millions and he doesn’t lack respect of the other people 🙂
- Sebastien’s weirdest inspiration comes from high action movies
- Fav quote – “Fly, you fools” by Gandalf
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Studio where Sebastien works now – Supamonks studio
- Fav artists:
- Events – Annecy Festival of Animation – portfolio reviews by big studios
- Art tools
- Citizen Kane – a lot of new ideas for framing
- Book – Ogre Paradise (only available in French) – 3-4 stories – dark humor, adventure, fun to read, crazy absurd
- Fav video game – Dark Souls I, Doom
Special thanks to Sébastien for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Sébastien Le Divenah, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.176: You learn as you go with Cameron Knight (Cliques)
In this episode, I am chatting with Cameron Knight, a freelance Illustrator known for drawing comics. He is working on own comic called Cliques, which follows 4 best friends living in a city where the population use weapons called Saber edges.
Ep.171: How to balance and grow with making art on the side with Marc Allante
Marc Allante, a contemporary artist from Hong Kong, known for merging traditional Chinese inks with European painting techniques in a contemporary art
Ep.49: Lena Danya on being a full time oil artist and YouTuber
Lena is a full-time fine artist living in Florida. She is mostly known for painting natural scenes with oil paints her YouTube channel.
Ep.2: On running art studio and living frugal lifestyle with Trent Kaniuga from Aquatic Moon
Trent Kaniuga is the owner of Aquatic Moon, a boutique Atelier/Art House providing contract art services for industry leading video games.
Ep.44: Chloe Rose on personality of the artist is as important as the art itself
Chloe has very entertaining and insightful videos for artists on Youtube, where she is constantly growing her community.