Sébastien is a French concept artist, illustrator, and art director currently working at Supamonks studio and in the animation film industry.
Supamonks studio is proud to have its SupaResidence program. It allows young talents or seniors with a great project to produce their own short film in their studio. To do so, they provide a working environment, machines and their production pipeline and management, all for free.
Get in touch with Sébastien
- Website: https://sledivenah.myportfolio.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sledivenah/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sleudart
“Don’t forget to take a break!”
- Sebastien actually went to three art/animation schools – prep school where he learned the basics, traditional art schools, where he learned drawing, anatomy and further fundamentals and then the animation school where he strengthened his skills and learned about 2D/3D animation
- He got his first internship thanks to a friend who worked in the same studio and recommended him to apply. The Art Director liked his work and gave him a test that he accomplished successfully.
- He got to his current studio Supamonks by just being committed. He had a list of studios, in Paris, that he was interested in and he just sent out applications, subscribed to the studio list and called them
- The worst advice, Sebastien received was that people will never respect you if you are not paid enough. Well, he doesn’t earn millions and he doesn’t lack respect of the other people 🙂
- Sebastien’s weirdest inspiration comes from high action movies
- Fav quote – “Fly, you fools” by Gandalf
- Studio where Sebastien works now – Supamonks studio
- Fav artists:
- Events – Annecy Festival of Animation – portfolio reviews by big studios
- Art tools
- Citizen Kane – a lot of new ideas for framing
- Book – Ogre Paradise (only available in French) – 3-4 stories – dark humor, adventure, fun to read, crazy absurd
- Fav video game – Dark Souls I, Doom
Special thanks to Sébastien for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Sébastien Le Divenah, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Hi, I am Iva (rhymes with “viva”). I am a full-time self-taught artist behind Art Side of Life® and a Top Teacher on Skillshare. I have 15 years of experience in the creative field as a concept designer, illustrator, art director, and now freelance artist, content creator, and art instructor. My goal is to help you get your creative groove on with Procreate and make awesome art through practical classes, tutorials, Procreate brushes, and guides on art tools, supplies and resources. About me »
More Podcast Episodes:
Evolve Artist Academy: From Aspiring Artist To Success Story with Piper Talladay
Discover how Piper, head instructor at Evolve Artist Academy, helps aspiring artists turn their dreams into success stories in the world of oil painting.
Ep.210: Interview with community members – Donovan, Visi and Keshna (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway - Donovan (fantasy artist, Texas), Visi (Illustrator, Colorado) and Keshna (Illustrator, New Jersey).
Ep.209: Interview with community members – Alex and Petar (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Alex (graphic designer from Poland) and Petar (3D artist from North Macedonia).
Ep.208: Interview with community members – María and Manuel (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Manuel (concept artist from Argentina) and María (Comics artist from Mexico).
Ep.207: On being a Creative Director, Illustrator, and Educator with Greg Gunn
I am chatting with Greg Gunn. He is a creative director, illustrator, and animator from LA. He helps passionate people communicate their big ideas.
Ep.206: Beatrice “Bea” Blue on the importance of enjoying the journey
I am catching up with Beatrice Blue. We chat about what she has been up to since we talked last time - her time in Montreal, her new books and much more.
Ep.205: Art licensing tips with Bonnie Christine
Bonnie Christine, an artist and pattern & textile designer. She is most known for her flowery designs, making artworks for companies & products.
Ep.204: Illustration for Motion Design with Sarah Beth Morgan
Sarah Beth Morgan, a freelance art director, motion designer & illustrator based in Portland. She has worked with Gentleman Scholar and Oddfellows.