Sébastien is a French concept artist, illustrator, and art director currently working at Supamonks studio and in the animation film industry.
Supamonks studio is proud to have its SupaResidence program. It allows young talents or seniors with a great project to produce their own short film in their studio. To do so, they provide a working environment, machines and their production pipeline and management, all for free.
Join Evolve Artist Program, the world’s simplest art training method with results guaranteed!
★ Use my coupon code to get a special discount
Get in touch with Sébastien
- Website: https://sledivenah.myportfolio.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sledivenah/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sleudart
“Don’t forget to take a break!”
- Sebastien actually went to three art/animation schools – prep school where he learned the basics, traditional art schools, where he learned drawing, anatomy and further fundamentals and then the animation school where he strengthened his skills and learned about 2D/3D animation
- He got his first internship thanks to a friend who worked in the same studio and recommended him to apply. The Art Director liked his work and gave him a test that he accomplished successfully.
- He got to his current studio Supamonks by just being committed. He had a list of studios, in Paris, that he was interested in and he just sent out applications, subscribed to the studio list and called them
- The worst advice, Sebastien received was that people will never respect you if you are not paid enough. Well, he doesn’t earn millions and he doesn’t lack respect of the other people 🙂
- Sebastien’s weirdest inspiration comes from high action movies
- Fav quote – “Fly, you fools” by Gandalf
- Studio where Sebastien works now – Supamonks studio
- Fav artists:
- Dice Tsutsumi – Pixar – he taught back at his school
- Goro Fujita, Tyson Murphy
- Events – Annecy Festival of Animation – portfolio reviews by big studios
- Art tools
- Cintiq Companion with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Lazy Line – clean your lines – plugin for Photoshop – helps him for his work
- Citizen Kane – a lot of new ideas for framing
- Book – Ogre Paradise (only available in French) – 3-4 stories – dark humor, adventure, fun to read, crazy absurd
- Fav video game – Dark Souls I, Doom
Special thanks to Sébastien for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Sébastien Le Divenah, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.167: Be nice to yourself, stay positive and keep trying with Isabelle Staub
Isabelle Staub, a freelance illustrator and artist most known for her female portraits, series where she repainted Disney princesses in her unique style.
Ep.119: Make mistakes to learn with Zacharias Reinhardt
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Zacharias Reinhardt, a 3D artist and Blender trainer from Germany. He shares his knowledge in 200+ tutorials on YouTube. His 3D work has been featured in 3D Artist, Artstation, and BlenderNation.
Ep.195: How to implement art in business with Holly Fae
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Holly Fae an artist and entrepreneur with a wealthy knowledge of how to make a living with your art. Enjoy!!
Ep.181: How to tell stories in your images with Matt Rhodes (Tellurion)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Matt Rhodes, an Art Director at Bioware. He has worked on Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition. His personal project called Tellurion is an attempt to tell a story entirely through visuals.
Ep.108: Why it’s important to market your art with Alba Bordes from Made of Sundays
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Alba Bordes, the co-founder of Made of Sundays studio in Finland. Together with her husband and her sister they started producing cute stickers and creative wall decoration for both homes and offices.