Sébastien is a French concept artist, illustrator, and art director currently working at Supamonks studio and in the animation film industry.
Supamonks studio is proud to have its SupaResidence program. It allows young talents or seniors with a great project to produce their own short film in their studio. To do so, they provide a working environment, machines and their production pipeline and management, all for free.
Get in touch with Sébastien
- Website: https://sledivenah.myportfolio.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sledivenah/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sleudart
Special offers for Art Side of Life visitors
- 💎How to Make Money as an Artist (Course) – learn to make money as an artist and live a creative career you will love
- 🎓Evolve Artist Program – better than an art college education and only at a fraction of the cost – World’s Simplest Art Training Method (I am Evolve’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
- 🎨 Storytelling with Color and Light (Course) – make your artworks more believable and appealing
- 🎧 Audible – 2 FREE audiobooks – learn by listening to hundreds of books (I am Audible’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
“Don’t forget to take a break!”
- Sebastien actually went to three art/animation schools – prep school where he learned the basics, traditional art schools, where he learned drawing, anatomy and further fundamentals and then the animation school where he strengthened his skills and learned about 2D/3D animation
- He got his first internship thanks to a friend who worked in the same studio and recommended him to apply. The Art Director liked his work and gave him a test that he accomplished successfully.
- He got to his current studio Supamonks by just being committed. He had a list of studios, in Paris, that he was interested in and he just sent out applications, subscribed to the studio list and called them
- The worst advice, Sebastien received was that people will never respect you if you are not paid enough. Well, he doesn’t earn millions and he doesn’t lack respect of the other people 🙂
- Sebastien’s weirdest inspiration comes from high action movies
- Fav quote – “Fly, you fools” by Gandalf
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Studio where Sebastien works now – Supamonks studio
- Fav artists:
- Events – Annecy Festival of Animation – portfolio reviews by big studios
- Art tools
- Citizen Kane – a lot of new ideas for framing
- Book – Ogre Paradise (only available in French) – 3-4 stories – dark humor, adventure, fun to read, crazy absurd
- Fav video game – Dark Souls I, Doom
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Sébastien for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Sébastien Le Divenah, used with permission