Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Sam Nassour, an Art Director, and Visual Development Artist, in Dubai. He works mainly in animation and games, with studios like Cartoon Network, DreamWorks TV, and Nickelodeon Jr.
Get in touch with Sam
“Be authentic with yourself and do the thing you love, not necessarily what is popular. Do what makes you feel like you and that connects with your heart!”
- About moving to Dubai, Sam shares that he came without anything and found his job at Cartoon Network by accident, walking into a comics convention in Dubai from the beach and showing his portfolio on his smartphone
- As an Art Director, Sam is wearing different hats, working with different artists – background artists, character artists, 3D modelers
- When hiring artists, Sam always looks at the certain level of quality – dedication, exploration, freshness, believability in characters, backgrounds, color & light
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
Special thanks to Sam for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Sam Nassour, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
This episode is sponsored by
- ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
Ep.148: Why you can make a living as an artist with David Owens
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with David Owens, illustrator and art director from NY. His focus is on editorial Illustrations, product licensing, brand development and art directing for various regional and international campaigns.
Ep.144: Write and illustrate your own book series with Ruby Roth
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ruby Roth, artist, designer, and the author-illustrator of four books for kids on veganism. Ruby focuses on art direction, and illustration for clients in fashion, art, music, and entertainment.
Ep.124: How to get paid for doing what you love with Nathanna Erica
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nathanna Erica, an illustrator and paper artist based in São Paulo, Brazil. Her work focuses mainly on Illustration, storytelling, visual development, and character design.
Ep.88: Making your art prints special with Fleur de Marie (Coffeshere)
Fleur Marie is an illustrator, character designer and concept artist from Guadalajara, Mexico. She studied Graphic Design and Animation and currently works in Art Department of the local animation studio called Mister Machin where she creates character design and background art.
Ep.24: Hobby that became her full time career with Baylee Jae from Baylee Creations
Baylee has been on YouTube since 2011. She creates videos related to art, like speed-paints, hauls, product reviews, tutorials, and more.