Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Sam Nassour, an Art Director, and Visual Development Artist, in Dubai. He works mainly in animation and games, with studios like Cartoon Network, DreamWorks TV, and Nickelodeon Jr.
Get in touch with Sam
In this course, you will learn about 17 proven ways how you can make money as an artist. And there is more! The possibilities will grow exponentially if you combine them all!
“Be authentic with yourself and do the thing you love, not necessarily what is popular. Do what makes you feel like you and that connects with your heart!”
- About moving to Dubai, Sam shares that he came without anything and found his job at Cartoon Network by accident, walking into a comics convention in Dubai from the beach and showing his portfolio on his smartphone
- As an Art Director, Sam is wearing different hats, working with different artists – background artists, character artists, 3D modelers
- When hiring artists, Sam always looks at the certain level of quality – dedication, exploration, freshness, believability in characters, backgrounds, color & light
Special thanks to Sam for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Sam Nassour, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
This episode is sponsored by
- ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE