Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ruby Lee, a character designer from NZ with experience in film and TV. She worked as Lead Designer, Art Director for Nickelodeon and 7Towns and as Costume Designer on Hobbit, Elysium, Ghost in the Shell.
Get in touch with Ruby
Support Art Side of Life by supporting our sponsors
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
- INPRNT – Are you looking for a top quality print shop and online store to sell your prints? Then you should definitely check out INPRNT! INPRNT has been helping artists print and sell gallery quality prints of their work all over the world for over a decade. Go to artsideoflife.com/inprnt and use promo code artside to get 10% discount.
“Don’t undervalue yourself! If somebody proposes to give you $500 per day, don’t say you are willing to take $200!!”
- Movies Ruby worked on in props design (weapons & costumes) – Elysium, Hobbit, Marco Polo, Ghost in the Shell, Warcraft
🎓Discover Art Side of Life Courses 🎓
Storytelling with Color and Light
Get it here: https://artsideoflife.com/color
Art Side of Life tools & resources*
- Transferwise – pay or get paid with the lowest transaction fees
- Audible – 30-day FREE – learn by listening to hundreds of books
- Freshbooks – 30-day FREE – super easy to use invoice and accounting software for freelancers
- Trusted Housesitters – live for free when traveling, get new inspiration and avoid art blocks
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments on YouTube
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Lois for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Ruby Lee, used with permission
*Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.