Raul Trevino is a comic book writer and illustrator originally from Monterrey, Mexico, now based in Chiba, Japan.
He has been making comics for the last 15 years, and his specialty is to create fun worlds full of adventure. He wants to have a dialogue with his audience through his stories.
Raul also worked as a colorist for Marvel, DC, Dark Horse and European publishers such as Humanoids, Glenat and Norma Editorial.
He won several national and international awards and nominations, latest in
In 2014 he got awarded the Best Writer for his manga Tinkers of the Wasteland which also won best graphic novel at the Butze-Vargas awards for Mexico’s best comics.
Raul also collaborates with other writers, last collaboration was with the writer Justin Jordan; on SOMBRA, a four issue mini-series published by BOOM! Studios. Also, he collaborated with John Stork on the webcomic Tomb Busters
He is currently working on his new comic LIVE FOREVER.
Get in touch with Raul
- Website: http://trevinoart.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/raultrevinoart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TrevinoArt
“Time passes like thunder, let’s create!”
- For Raul, comics have always been about expressing his feelings. Since the beginning, he wanted to tell stories and create characters
- Being a comics author is about doing what he loves. Raul has protected his passion since the beginning. He got a work that pays the bills, otherwise, he would risk killing his passion if he worked on doing comics all the time in the beginning before he was good enough
- A big part of income for Raul comes from attending conventions. It’s good for exposure, sales and networking. You can’t stay at home, you have to go out!
- Raul lives in Japan because his wife is Japanese. The Japanese artists he met complain a lot about the rates because there is a huge competition and everybody works 24/7. He doesn’t want that kind of life. He wants to enjoy his work and have a balance, nourishing his soul, not being a slave to a job
- Raul’s favorite places in Japan
- Art Tools
- Documentary – Minimalism – meaningful life with not much stuff
- Conventions – Raul is always tabling
Special thanks to Raul for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Raul Trevino, used with permission