Helga is the founder and ‘chief crafter’ of PuddingFishCakes.
PuddingFishCakes was born out of a love for DIY crafts and polymer clay.
Ever since its inception, Helga has been making video tutorials in an effort to bring the joy of polymer clay and crafts to other crafters like herself. Five years later, she’s done just that. With over a quarter million subscribers, she’s brought a community of crafters together to learn from each other and celebrate the craft.
Get in touch with Helga
- Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7t5OM0oKq_x8w4oXjxqeWw
- Website: https://www.puddingfishcakes.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/puddingfishcakes
“If you don’t know if you should do what your heart is telling you, just go for it and don’t let the fear hold you back!”
- When Helga started working with polymer clay, 99% of everything she learned is from YouTube videos. Polymere clay community is huge, full of other people’s tutorials. The crafting community is super supportive.
- For Helga, PuddingFishcakes is a hobby but more than a hobby so it requires a lot of time and it’s very important to be efficient and organized. She makes sure she manages her time very well
- Helga’s advice for Youtube is to try to post as regularly as you can, even if you don’t feel like the content is the best. Be consistent, it gives you the confidence to get better each time
- Fav quote: “Trade your expectations for appreciation”. That’s something she loves to live by, being grateful for opportunities. She was really privileged growing up, supporting her creative endeavors and not everybody has that so she is super grateful for that!
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- University that Helga is attending: University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- Helga’s Book: Clay, Charm, Magic
- Some YouTube crafters Helga recommends
- Events – VidCon Anaheim, US & VidCon Amsterdam, Europe
- Sites online where YouTubers can check out advertising campaigns: FameBit – YouTube Influencers platform
- Book – Austin Kleon: Steal like an Artist – it’s about how to pursue a creative career. It applies a lot to life in general and meaning in your work and life
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Helga for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Helga Jiang, used with permission