Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Piper Thibodeau, a freelance character designer, and illustrator who is most known for painting cute animals and critters and has worked with clients like Nickelodeon, CGMA, Concept Cookie and DreamWorks.
Get in touch with Piper
“Don’t get yourself glued to one subject, experiment and try different outlets (e.g. animation, children books, toys) to increase your value to clients.”
- Piper didn’t fit well into the schooling system. The schools were too constrained for her and she felt she is losing her abilities. That’s when she discovered a student in a class above her was doing daily drawings so she challenged herself to do it as well. The first time she failed to do it daily, but since then unless it’s an emergency she has always completed a drawing before 12 am
- Piper says it’s the best time to be alive because you can learn anything online
- Piper’s daily drawings picked up after she did some Pikachu fanart, but she wants to create her own IP.
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Her main inspiration
- Art tools
- Noah Bradley – why you shouldn’t go to art school
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Piper for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Piper Thibodeau, used with permission