Wolfram Kampffmeyer is the designer and creative mind behind Paperwolf. He studied Computer Animation at Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg in Ludwigsburg, Germany. His passion is creating new paper sculptures with lively expressions.
Since I love to create virtual 3D models, it’s even better to build them afterward in real life – out of paper. Thats how my first paper model, the little big piggy, was created.
Since 2010 he creates new animals under his label Paperwolf. No matter if deer, lion, monkey or meerkat – there is nothing he can’t design from paper. His paper zoo grew from year to year from a little idea up to a second profession.
In November 2014 Wolfram’s work was featured on BoredPanda.com and ThisIsColossal.com and demand of his products increased so much that he wasn’t able to produce all paper craft kits in time anymore.
I even had to close my shops for weeks to catch up with the orders.
Wolfram Kampffmeyer’s zoo is loved worldwide and every year new animals join it – always when a new idea squeezes its way out of his head, urging itself to the surface of reality. The result is animals which are room decoration, gifts, art and great relaxing projects for your leisure time!
Get in touch with Wolfram
- Website: http://www.paperwolf.de/
- Etsy: https://artsideoflife.com/paperwolf
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/paperwolfsshop/
“Trust yourself, trust your gut and intuition. Your work will be of much higher quality if you follow your intuition rather than if you listen to the others.”
- Wolfram played with paper when he was a kid a lot. Schreiber Verlag magazine used to carry paper craft models of buildings – windmills, boats and he used to build them
- Wolfram planned to become a 3D animator and studied at Filmakademie in Ludwigsburg. He is still computer animator, freelancer. With Paperwolf, it just came to him – he optimized on the go – he learned the hard way to learn about management and administration. 2 of his friends founded a small company – they manage the orders and Wolfram does the designs
- Late 2014, when boredpanda.com and http://www.thisiscolossal.com/ picked up his work and orders just exploded
- Fav quote is from the Head of PIXAR animation studio – “If you pitch a story, remember your first laugh and then trust it was worth it’
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Craft tools
- Business tools
- Wolfram’s Book – Paperwolf: Paper Christmas
- Wolfram is a nature lover – Planet Earth documentaries -Lot of interesting animals and nature
- He loves documentaries with David Attenborough
Special thanks to Wolfram for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Wolfram Kampffmeyer, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.149: Sam Nassour on why you should master the art of observation
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Sam Nassour, an Art Director, and Visual Development Artist, in Dubai. He works mainly in animation and games, with studios like Cartoon Network, DreamWorks TV, and Nickelodeon Jr.
Ep.11: Curious mind of an artist with Tod Polson (The Book of Life)
Tod is an animation designer and director. He is known for his work on Howl (2010), The Secret of Kells (2009) and The Book of Life (2014).
Ep.19: About the power of tutorials with Andrew Price from Blender Guru
Andrew is the founder of Blender Guru, the free video tutorials for the open source 3D software, Blender. His goal is to help artists create better artworks.
Ep.133: Wouter Tulp on the process of character design
Wouter Tulp, a Freelance illustrator and Character designer from Holland. He has worked on children books, magazines, and now works with animation studios.
Ep.156: How to get into animation industry with Martin Wittig
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Martin Wittig, is a character designer and animator in LA. He has been in the animation industry for 22 years, working as a character designer at Disney TV, Dreamworks, Blue Sky Studios, CN, Laika, and others.