Paint Events are social get-togethers for anyone, where no prior painting experience is required! Song and Nette started this creative get together after they discovered mutual passion in Acrylic painting. Paint event emphasis is on creating a fun and stress-free environment for you to slow down and let your creativity flow. I met Song and Nette on one of their relaxing events and I thought their story needs be shared with the world.
How did it actually start? As Song says: “In early 2016, my yoga teacher training led me to Montréal. Searching online for things to do, I came across painting activities taking place in bars and restaurants. „Wow…“ I thought. Even though I have always loved drawing and painting, I had seriously neglected this hobby during my years at university. So I got myself a ticket, went to the paint venue and made my first brush strokes in years. Back then I had no idea that half a year later, I would be organizing similar events back home. In Zurich, I organized small paint get together with friends, including Nette. Realizing that this concept of “just for fun” paint events didn’t really exist here, the idea of PaintEvents.ch was born”
Get in touch with Song & Anette
- Song & Anette helped each other. They like painting, they found a hobby they are so comfortable with and they started Paint Events with the goal to share their passion with others
- Paint Events is not a course, it’s a socializing event combined with relaxation
- They are always looking for new collaborations, targeting organizations with clients that may be interested in painting – e.g. yoga studios
- They are also focusing on Interesting locations, with special vibe to attract new customers
- For Song & Anette, every day is “Let’s do this!”
- Movie The Secret Life of Walter Mitty – it kind of explain their situation – dreamy man – as soon as he stops dreaming, he starts living his dreams
- Jorge Bucay, “Let me tell you a story” (2002)
- TED Talk – Barry Schwartz: The paradox of choice – we have a lot of choices, lot of opportunities – it can make it hard to decide
Special thanks to Song & Anette for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks and images by Paint Events, used with permission