Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nikolas Draper-Ivey, an illustrator, and writer in NY. His work includes Star Wars and Disney Characters re-imagined as Marvel Characters. He has recently worked on the cover for Marvel’s Black Panther album!
Get in touch with Nikolas
“Keep working, work as hard as you can and pray!”
- Nikolas attributes a lot of his success to his honest friends, family, and others who helped him, basically his support system!
- What most helped Nikolas was honesty and candor from the people who gave him feedback. Some of the most brutal feedback he got helped him to improve and level up
- Nikolas advises that you look for feedback from people who know their craft because then they light up this flame you have inside of you and there is high chance you will do something about it!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Nikolas’ comics
- School, Nikolas attended is Savannah College of Art and Design
- Nikolas worked on the album cover for Marvel: Black Panther
Special thanks to Nikolas for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Nikolas Draper-Ivey, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.194: What’s new with Ahmed Aldoori
In this episode we are chatting with Ahmed about what is new in his life since we talked two years ago! Enjoy!!
Ep.35: Why you should take advice from people who are where you want to be with Lord Gris
Lord Gris is a Game assets designer. She creates most of her artworks digitally and she also produces prints and stickers from her creations.
Ep.186: Part 1 – How to get noticed as an artist on social media with Sweeney Boo
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with Sweeney Boo, a freelance artist from Canada known for her graphic novel “Eat and Love Yourself”.
Ep.140: How to get past things that hold us back with Karly Jade Catto
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Karly Jade Catto, a Character Designer, and Illustrator from Utah. Karly's clients include Hasbro, Abrams Kids, Fisher-Price, American Girl Magazine. She is currently working in children's TV Animation.
Ep.61: Jessica Laurent on finding yourself as an artist
Jess is a director, storyboarder, editor, character designer, animator who is passionate about teaming up with talented artists to create great projects.