Neimy is a digital artist based in California and currently studying in Florida. Despite being only a student she is steadily growing her community on Instagram, where she has over 76K followers! She gives insightful art tips and creates tutorials where she shares her experiences with aspiring artists.
Every artist represents their art. You can tell their personality from looking at it. Don’t push yourself to find your own style. You will know when you have one, so don’t stress yourself too much.
Her characters have vivid colors and beautiful flowy hair. She loves animals and 10 percent of her Society6 art prints sales go to animals shelter.
Get in touch with Neimy
“Don’t be afraid to share your art and try not to think negative. There will always be people who hate you, but there will also always be people who will support you, too. “
- Her mom made her love art a lot
- Neimy went to Florida, Ringling College because she wanted to go to college somewhere far away from home because she wanted to challenge herself, be more independent
- If you are in an art block, try to notice the mistakes and try to correct them … it will motivate you
- She is posting a lot on social media to build up her community for the future possibilities
- Don’t buy the most expensive tablet, start with tablet that connects to your computer to try if you like it
- Comparing physical vs. online school
- Online art classes are led by industry experts who have fresh views and know what is new in the industry. Plus, you can choose specific topics
- Traditional art schools have teachers, who are out of the industry for a few years, so they are out of touch. They don’t necessarily teach specific things you really want to learn
- Neimy wishes she learned sooner that life drawing is really important for her art skills
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- College Niemy is attending: Ringling College
- Mentioned artists: Brittney Lee, Iraville
- Favorite movies:
- Art tools:
Special thanks to Neimy for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Neimy Kanani, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.121: Do you need talent to be an artist with Sara Faber
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Sara Faber, a full-time illustrator & visual development based in Berlin. She specializes in digital art and watercolors.
Ep.32: Alisa Vysochina on how to choose the right printer and paper for selling your art prints
Alisa is a freelance illustrator, primarily working with watercolors. She loves plants and flowers which reflect in her beautiful watercolor illustrations.
Ep.7: From Dreamworks to successful Kickstarter campaigns with Jason Brubaker from Coffee Table Comics
Jason is a visual development and story board artist, producing graphic novels full-time. Some of his credits include Blade, Pitch Black, and Van Helsing.
Ep.15: Going freelance full time with Gabriel Picolo
Gabriel is a freelance illustrator and comic artist. He grew an immense following during his online 365-day creative challenge, posting new art piece daily.
Ep.201: Grow your creative business with Peggy Dean (The Pigeon Letters)
Peggy Dean, the best-selling author of The Ultimate Brush Lettering Guide, Botanical Line Drawing and Peggy Dean’s Guide to Nature Drawing & Watercolor.
Ep.100: About the legacy of your work with Daniel Lieske (Wormworld Saga)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Daniel Lieske, a full-time author, and illustrator, known for his famous digital graphic novel Wormworld saga. He is also the founder of digitalartforum.de one of the biggest German digital art community.