Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nathanna Erica, an illustrator and paper artist based in São Paulo, Brazil. Her work focuses mainly on Illustration, storytelling, visual development, and character design.
Get in touch with Nathanna
“Do what you love and you won’t have to work a day in your life!”
- Nathanna graduated from a law school, but she never felt it’s for her. Instead, her art hobby turned to be her job. She started to share her paper art on Instagram and it just exploded. She did mostly mermaids and people connected with her art.
- Nathanna also started selling through Instagram, which helped her a lot in the beginning and still does.
- Nathanna’s art process starts with sketching all the ideas, then she does cutouts from the color paper that she sometimes creates herself by painting with watercolors on a white paper. The composition and the harmony of the colors is very important for the final piece to look great
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Nathanna’s book – Samba
- Inspiration – Mary Blair, Brittney Lee – colors, shapes
- Paper – Canson – texture
- Paint color on paper – gouache, acrylic sometimes, watercolors
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Nathanna for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Nathanna Erica, used with permission