Monique is a part artist – part fairy bringing all the magic! Her whimsical illustrations are truly beautiful. She specializes in traditional art and her medium of choice is watercolor. She also does digital art, graphic design, social media management, and visual development. She already has more than 60,700 subscribers on the Youtube!
Monique is a Cystic Fibrosis patient and advocate. You can learn more about CF here: https://www.cff.org/What-is-CF/About-Cystic-Fibrosis/
Get in touch with Monique
- Website: https://monique–renee.deviantart.com/
- Store Envy: https://artsideoflife.com/moniquestoreenvy
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdjDTUiNg78h4Mp1K2eE3zA/featured
“Just go with what makes you happy, if it’s art, music, riding unicycles while blowing bubbles. Do what makes you happy and forget the rest, because ultimately what matters is you and how you feel!”
- Monique had an amazing Graphic Design teacher. He helped to narrow her focus and come back to the basics of why she loves the art so much – the process, not end result
- Best advice Monique ever received was to learn traditional arts. If you know how to do it traditionally you will be only so much better digitally
- Monique is really good with goals. She wanted to work for Disney and that helped her to stay motivated, even if she felt down, she followed through. But at the same time, It’s OK to move your goals. There are so many opportunities out there, there are many roads to success
- YouTube/Networking tips
- No.1 – put yourself out there. Can be quite scary, but sooner you do it, the better
- Talk to other artists in your niche, find forums & groups – DeviantArt, FB pages
- Don’t forget real life networking. So many opportunities can come out of it, don’t disregard it
- Movie: Disney Tangled
- Skillshare – lots of classes – marketing, business (Get 14 Days FREE)
Special thanks to Monique for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Monique Renee, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.175: About running art classes and workshops with Lois van Baarle (Loish)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lois van Baarle, also known online as Loish. We talk about her experiences from the past year, how she conquered the fear of doing workshops and how it makes her whole now! We also touch upon a subject of 3rd book Lois wants to publish in the future!
Ep.145: How to find your art style with Abigail Larson
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Abigail Larson, a mixed-media illustrator. Her work appeared in Spectrum Fantastic Art, Art Fundamentals, and Digital Artist and she’s worked with publishers like IDW Publishing, Titan Comics, 3DTotal.
Ep.166: Awesome tips for game art with Katie Hamill aka Elentori
Katie Hamill, aka Elentori a digital artist, illustrator and game developer, currently working with Multivarious gaming studio
Ep.80: Stephen Silver on the power of your journey
Stephen has designed characters for Disney Television Animation, Sony Feature Animation and Nickelodeon Animation, designing the style of the shows such as "Kim Possible", "Danny Phantom" Kevin Smith's "Clerks" the animated series, and many more.
Ep.22: Finished not perfect with Jake Parker
Jake is an illustrator based in Utah, United States. For the last 15 years, he has worked on everything from animated films to comics to picture books.