Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Modern Day James, an artist, designer, and musician known for his popular YouTube channel and Patreon. James creates weekly tutorial videos, live streams and teaches artists in person.
Get in touch with James
In this course, you will learn about 17 proven ways how you can make money as an artist. And there is more! The possibilities will grow exponentially if you combine them all!
“When drawing, think consciously and make series of decisions. It’s not a process out of your control.”
- When James transitioned from full time job to doing his YouTube channel full time, he freaked out, but he was much happier at the same time, because it was the first time he was working exclusively for himself and not to please somebody else
- James tries to boil down the art principles in digestible points to make it more understandable
- Whole drawing thing is about thinking and making conscious decisions. You are solving a design problem in the end
- Kim Jung Gi is James’ idol
- Croquis cafe – Figure drawing resources on YouTube
- Book: Drawn to Life series (20 Golden years of Disney Masterclasses) by Walt Stanchfield
Special thanks to James for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Modern Day James, used with permission
This episode is sponsored by
- INPRNT – Are you looking for a top quality print shop and online store to sell your prints? Then you should definitely check out INPRNT! INPRNT has been helping artists print and sell gallery quality prints of their work all over the world for over a decade. Go to artsideoflife.com/inprnt and use promo code artside to get 10% discount.
- ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE