Małgorzata is a freelance 2D artist, specializing in digital illustration and concept art (focusing on character and creature design). Three years ago she decided to make it her career. Recently she worked for Softgames, the world’s largest HTML5 games platform in Berlin, Germany, creating characters, assets, and backgrounds for cross-device casual games.
Whoever thinks magic doesn’t exist has never heard of art
A character-focused illustration is a field she enjoys the most: “… it allows me to bring characters to life, show their personalities and the world they are living in. In my work, I enjoy exploring the fantasy universe where design possibilities are unbound. Due to a strong understanding of fundamentals, I’m not scared of working in many different styles.”
Get in touch with Gosia
- Website: http://www.mkmiec-art.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mkmiec.art
- Storenvy: https://artsideoflife.com/mkmiec-storenvy
“Whoever thinks magic doesn’t exist has never heard of art “
- Gosia grew up in Poland where there is clear perception of ‘starving artist’ and you don’t have lot of people to support you. Thanks to YouTube, she was able to learn from great artists like Mike Brunet from Cubebrush and Sycra!
- Gosia decided to take art seriously after she broke up with her boyfriend and used the money saved for the move to buy her first Wacom tablet!
- Comparing full-time job and freelance, money flows every month but it takes energy from your own things. Freelance is risky from the paycheck point of view, but if you work hard and put in a lot of hours, you will break through eventually
- Gosia actively contacts companies she is interested in working with!
- Nature and computer games are Gosia’s main inspiration
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Youtube courses
- IFCC Festival in Croatia
- Movies: Marvel
- Wacom Intuos Pro 5 small
- Pencils Faber Castell
- Sketchbook: Hahnemühle (German brand)
Special thanks to Gosia for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Malgorzata Kmiec, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.123: How to improve your skills fast with Brett Bean from Drawn To It Studios
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Brett Bean, a Character Designer, Visdev Artist, and teacher. He is the owner of Drawn To It Studios, creating original content and outsourcing for clients like Disney, Dreamworks, Riot Games, and Marvel.
Ep.205: Art licensing tips with Bonnie Christine
Bonnie Christine, an artist and pattern & textile designer. She is most known for her flowery designs, making artworks for companies & products.
Ep.62: Marta Nael about her distinctive style and building her community
Marta is a Spanish artist working for publisher Ediciones Babylon. After completing a Fine Arts degree she started to learn and thrive in digital art.
Ep.45: Dina Brodsky on being a full time artist and mother of a toddler
Dina Brodsky is a contemporary artist with love for painting realistic miniatures, originally from Boston, now living and working in New York City.
Ep.146: Nic Gregory on why it’s never too late to start with art career
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nic Gregory, a Background Painter and VisDev Artist. From Australia, Nic decided to move to LA to work in the animation in mid-30s. He worked with Disney, Cartoon Network, and Rough Draft Studios.