Małgorzata is a freelance 2D artist, specializing in digital illustration and concept art (focusing on character and creature design). Three years ago she decided to make it her career. Recently she worked for Softgames, the world’s largest HTML5 games platform in Berlin, Germany, creating characters, assets, and backgrounds for cross-device casual games.
Whoever thinks magic doesn’t exist has never heard of art
A character-focused illustration is a field she enjoys the most: “… it allows me to bring characters to life, show their personalities and the world they are living in. In my work, I enjoy exploring the fantasy universe where design possibilities are unbound. Due to a strong understanding of fundamentals, I’m not scared of working in many different styles.”
Get in touch with Gosia
- Website: http://www.mkmiec-art.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mkmiec.art
- Storenvy: https://artsideoflife.com/mkmiec-storenvy
“Whoever thinks magic doesn’t exist has never heard of art “
- Gosia grew up in Poland where there is clear perception of ‘starving artist’ and you don’t have lot of people to support you. Thanks to YouTube, she was able to learn from great artists like Mike Brunet from Cubebrush and Sycra!
- Gosia decided to take art seriously after she broke up with her boyfriend and used the money saved for the move to buy her first Wacom tablet!
- Comparing full-time job and freelance, money flows every month but it takes energy from your own things. Freelance is risky from the paycheck point of view, but if you work hard and put in a lot of hours, you will break through eventually
- Gosia actively contacts companies she is interested in working with!
- Nature and computer games are Gosia’s main inspiration
- Youtube courses
- IFCC Festival in Croatia
- Movies: Marvel
- Wacom Intuos Pro 5 small
- Pencils Faber Castell
- Sketchbook: Hahnemühle (German brand)
Special thanks to Gosia for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Malgorzata Kmiec, used with permission