Ashleigh Izienicki is a 23-year-old freelance illustrator who just recently finished Laguna College of Art and Design and already have her own business. She was born in a small mountain town in Colorado where she grew up raising chickens and riding horses.
She moved to Arizona during high school and then traveled all the way to California for College. Ashleigh currently lives in Laguna Beach, California with her bunny Buffy.
My current dream is to be able to make money doing something I love, creating art! She is about to finish her second coloring book which I can’t wait to see!
Get in touch with Ashleigh
“Be wise, be brave and be tricky” Neil Gaiman
- Best advice by Neil Gaiman. He talked about success. If you have success, you should enjoy it … nobody tells you that … nobody tells you to enjoy it while you get it because it’s all about hassle … it’s gonna be gone soon … sit back and enjoy where you are right now
- People shouldn’t think art is a competition, or other artists are competition. If they get a job, you won’t get it. It’s all about community, engagement, helping each other … it’s not about stepping on each other …
- Ashleigh’s art has been an expression of herself. She went on a self-discovery journey. It’s her in the art, things she likes, things she experienced, anything that happened in her life …
- If you gonna be a freelancer, you should have at least three running incomes. Ashleigh’s income streams consist of galleries, online shops, commissions, conventions and freelance work. You need to diversify and balance it …
- Mentioned author – Neil Gaiman – author of The Sandman, Stardust, Coraline
- Mentioned inspirational figures – Guillermo del Toro, James Jean
- Galleries where Ashleigh exhibited
- Business tools
- Book: Richard Adams: Watership Down
- Movie: Donnie Darko
- Fashion videos by Gucci, Prada – beautiful composition, character design. Find them on Vimeo
Special thanks to Ashleigh for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Ashleigh Izienicki, used with permission