Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Mike Henry, a concept artist and art director, working at BigPoint. Most of his career, he has worked in the gaming industry with studios like Zynga, Blizzard Activision, Booyah, Disney Mobile, Ubisoft.
Get in touch with Mike
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zatransis/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgQwqeodVCGnT_iF49YQuhg
“When it comes to creative life, just be open to everything! Inspiration can strike anywhere!”
- When Mike created his first Sketchbook group, little did he know they will soon have member all around the world, in different cities. He made sure to make people feel they all belong there. The pros would usually help the beginners and welcome them to the group.
- When Mike designs characters, he uses ca. 70% familiar elements and 30% new elements
- Mike advises that when you have kids, you should slow down your career and spend as much time with your family as possible because you can always ramp up later
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art college, Mike went to Illinois Institute of Art, Chicago
- Art tools
Special thanks to Mike for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Mike Henry, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.26: How to be resourceful artist with Djamila Knopf
Djamila is a professional illustrator. Her drawing style is influenced by Japanese animation and artists such as Iain McCaig, Tran Nguyen, and Amei Zhao.
Ep.43: Wolfram Kampffmeyer (Paperwolf) about succeeding on Etsy and Dawanda
Wolfram is the designer and creative mind behind Paperwolf. His passion is creating new paper sculptures with lively expressions.
Ep.163: Ester Conceicao aka Tehchan on how to do stylized drawing
In this episode, I am chatting with Ester Conceicao aka Tehchan, a concept artist, and illustrator. She is most known for her illustrations of animals.
Ep.201: Grow your creative business with Peggy Dean (The Pigeon Letters)
Peggy Dean, the best-selling author of The Ultimate Brush Lettering Guide, Botanical Line Drawing and Peggy Dean’s Guide to Nature Drawing & Watercolor.
Ep.146: Nic Gregory on why it’s never too late to start with art career
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nic Gregory, a Background Painter and VisDev Artist. From Australia, Nic decided to move to LA to work in the animation in mid-30s. He worked with Disney, Cartoon Network, and Rough Draft Studios.