Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Mike Henry, a concept artist and art director, working at BigPoint. Most of his career, he has worked in the gaming industry with studios like Zynga, Blizzard Activision, Booyah, Disney Mobile, Ubisoft.
Get in touch with Mike
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zatransis/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgQwqeodVCGnT_iF49YQuhg
Special offers for Art Side of Life visitors
- 💎How to Make Money as an Artist (Course) – learn to make money as an artist and live a creative career you will love
- 🎓Evolve Artist Program – better than an art college education and only at a fraction of the cost – World’s Simplest Art Training Method (I am Evolve’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
- 🎨 Storytelling with Color and Light (Course) – make your artworks more believable and appealing
- 🎧 Audible – 2 FREE audiobooks – learn by listening to hundreds of books (I am Audible’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
“When it comes to creative life, just be open to everything! Inspiration can strike anywhere!”
- When Mike created his first Sketchbook group, little did he know they will soon have member all around the world, in different cities. He made sure to make people feel they all belong there. The pros would usually help the beginners and welcome them to the group.
- When Mike designs characters, he uses ca. 70% familiar elements and 30% new elements
- Mike advises that when you have kids, you should slow down your career and spend as much time with your family as possible because you can always ramp up later
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Art college, Mike went to Illinois Institute of Art, Chicago
- Art tools
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Mike for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Mike Henry, used with permission