Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Mike Henry, a concept artist and art director, working at BigPoint. Most of his career, he has worked in the gaming industry with studios like Zynga, Blizzard Activision, Booyah, Disney Mobile, Ubisoft.
Get in touch with Mike
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zatransis/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgQwqeodVCGnT_iF49YQuhg
In this course, you will learn about 17 proven ways how you can make money as an artist. And there is more! The possibilities will grow exponentially if you combine them all!
“When it comes to creative life, just be open to everything! Inspiration can strike anywhere!”
- When Mike created his first Sketchbook group, little did he know they will soon have member all around the world, in different cities. He made sure to make people feel they all belong there. The pros would usually help the beginners and welcome them to the group.
- When Mike designs characters, he uses ca. 70% familiar elements and 30% new elements
- Mike advises that when you have kids, you should slow down your career and spend as much time with your family as possible because you can always ramp up later
- Art college, Mike went to Illinois Institute of Art, Chicago
- Art tools
Special thanks to Mike for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Mike Henry, used with permission