Michele Arrieta is an illustrator and graphic designer living in San Diego, California
She graduated from the International Academy of Design and Technology, San Antonio, Texas with a Bachelors Degree in Fine Art with a major in Graphic Design.
Best known for her illustrations of lovely female characters, her inspiration stems from fashion photography.
Michele is a full time graphic designer and spends her evenings pursuing her passion for illustration. You can find her tabling at CTN Expo and maybe at WonderCon and San Diego Comicon in 2018 as well 🙂
Join Evolve Artist Program, the world’s simplest art training method with results guaranteed!
★ Use my coupon code to get a special discount
Get in touch with Michele
- Website: http://www.michele-arrieta.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artbyarrieta/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MicheleArrieta.Art
“Start it now! Put your work out there on social media!”
- Michele studied visual development at online school – Oatley Academy and she also chose the 1 on 1 mentorship which helped her immensely. It’s 10 weeks long program, with assignments, and personalized reviews. It was a real eye-opener for her
- Michele has a full-time job and always works on her own stuff at night. You have to be disciplined to do this!
- Michele says there is a lot of misconception in our society about what you can do as an art career. The fine art is not the only avenue!
- Michele shares that tabling at art shows, like CTN is a great experience to sell your art and get to know new people. It’s not that hard and if you need to, sharing a table is also an option!
- Online academy where Michel studied
- Oatley Academy with 1-on-1 mentorship by Sarah Marino
- AIGA – international community for advertising design – Michele subscribed to a newsletter to receive job offers
- Events where you can meet Michele:
- CTNx – Burbank, November 2018
- WonderCon – Anaheim, March 2018
- SanDiego Comicon – San Diego, July 2018
- Cosmopolitan magazine – Michele does artwork for blog posts
- Griz and Norm Tuesday tips
- James Gurney – Color & light – natural, fluorescent, indoor, window light
- Digital tools
- Online store – SmugMug – only prints – Michele has a website and shop page from them
Special thanks to Michele for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Michele Arrieta, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.182: About the power of fundamentals with Lucas Graciano
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lucas Graciano, an award-winning freelance artist teaching at Watts Atelier in California. He focuses on fantasy illustration doing book covers, card art, and other promotional works.
Ep.208: Interview with community members – María and Manuel (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Manuel (concept artist from Argentina) and María (Comics artist from Mexico).
Ep.16: Building online communities is important for future possibilities with Neimy Kanani
Neimy is a digital artist from California, currently studying in Florida. Her characters have vivid colors and beautiful flowy hair.
Ep.125: Collaborate with others to improve your skills with Hedvig H-S aka Vixiearts
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Hedvig H-S, better known as Vixiearts, a concept artist, freelance illustrator & comic artist. She started as a comic artist in 2004 and has since then created art for books, animation, games, magazines.
Ep.73: From studying psychology to becoming a full time artist with Gosia Kmiec (Mkmiec Art)
Małgorzata is a freelance 2D artist, specializing in digital illustration and concept art (focusing on character and creature design).