Michele Arrieta is an illustrator and graphic designer living in San Diego, California
She graduated from the International Academy of Design and Technology, San Antonio, Texas with a Bachelors Degree in Fine Art with a major in Graphic Design.
Best known for her illustrations of lovely female characters, her inspiration stems from fashion photography.
Michele is a full time graphic designer and spends her evenings pursuing her passion for illustration. You can find her tabling at CTN Expo and maybe at WonderCon and San Diego Comicon in 2018 as well 🙂
Get in touch with Michele
- Website: http://www.michele-arrieta.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artbyarrieta/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MicheleArrieta.Art
“Start it now! Put your work out there on social media!”
- Michele studied visual development at online school – Oatley Academy and she also chose the 1 on 1 mentorship which helped her immensely. It’s 10 weeks long program, with assignments, and personalized reviews. It was a real eye-opener for her
- Michele has a full-time job and always works on her own stuff at night. You have to be disciplined to do this!
- Michele says there is a lot of misconception in our society about what you can do as an art career. The fine art is not the only avenue!
- Michele shares that tabling at art shows, like CTN is a great experience to sell your art and get to know new people. It’s not that hard and if you need to, sharing a table is also an option!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Online academy where Michel studied
- AIGA – international community for advertising design – Michele subscribed to a newsletter to receive job offers
- Events where you can meet Michele:
- Cosmopolitan magazine – Michele does artwork for blog posts
- Digital tools
- Online store – SmugMug – only prints – Michele has a website and shop page from them
Special thanks to Michele for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Michele Arrieta, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.91: Dan Howard on the importance of attending conventions
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Dan Howard, full-time freelance illustrator and concept artist from LA. He has worked with clients such as Rocket Games, UbiSoft, Riot Games, Flight Comics, and Fantasy Flight Games, just to name a few.
Ep.154: Should I be a freelancer or work for a studio with Richard Anderson
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Richard Anderson, a freelance concept artist, in London. He works on games, films, commercials and publishing with clients such as Marvel Studios, Warner Bros, Universal Pictures, 20th Century FOX, and others.
Ep.192: Part 1 – How I got the job at Disney with Laura Price (lulusketches)
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with Laura Price a.k.a Lulusketches, an artist at Disney animation and YouTuber in sunny LA!
Ep.28: Why it’s a good idea to attend art competitions with Meike Schneider (2D/3D)
Meike is a 2D/3D Character & Environment Artist currently freelancing for various animation studios and working at the PIXL VISN Media Arts Academy.
Ep.50: Drawing Disney fanart and finding your own style with Dylan Bonner
Dylan is an amazing illustrator and freelance artist from Michigan. He is most known for his lovely mermaids, Disney fanart, and comics.