Michele Arrieta is an illustrator and graphic designer living in San Diego, California
She graduated from the International Academy of Design and Technology, San Antonio, Texas with a Bachelors Degree in Fine Art with a major in Graphic Design.
Best known for her illustrations of lovely female characters, her inspiration stems from fashion photography.
Michele is a full time graphic designer and spends her evenings pursuing her passion for illustration. You can find her tabling at CTN Expo and maybe at WonderCon and San Diego Comicon in 2018 as well 🙂
Get in touch with Michele
- Website: http://www.michele-arrieta.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artbyarrieta/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MicheleArrieta.Art
“Start it now! Put your work out there on social media!”
- Michele studied visual development at online school – Oatley Academy and she also chose the 1 on 1 mentorship which helped her immensely. It’s 10 weeks long program, with assignments, and personalized reviews. It was a real eye-opener for her
- Michele has a full-time job and always works on her own stuff at night. You have to be disciplined to do this!
- Michele says there is a lot of misconception in our society about what you can do as an art career. The fine art is not the only avenue!
- Michele shares that tabling at art shows, like CTN is a great experience to sell your art and get to know new people. It’s not that hard and if you need to, sharing a table is also an option!
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Online academy where Michel studied
- AIGA – international community for advertising design – Michele subscribed to a newsletter to receive job offers
- Events where you can meet Michele:
- Cosmopolitan magazine – Michele does artwork for blog posts
- Digital tools
- Online store – SmugMug – only prints – Michele has a website and shop page from them
Special thanks to Michele for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Michele Arrieta, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.97: Take your time to find your style with Alexandra Vuorio aka Kasvei
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Alexandra Vuorio, aka Kasvei from Finland. She is a self-taught digital and watercolor artist, most known for painting whimsical female characters connected with nature.
Ep.48: Chloe Giordano about the art of embroidery and how to live from it
Chloe is an illustrator and graphic designer known for her animals embroidered with very fine details, so real that they seem to be sleeping on the canvas.
Ep.125: Collaborate with others to improve your skills with Hedvig H-S aka Vixiearts
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Hedvig H-S, better known as Vixiearts, a concept artist, freelance illustrator & comic artist. She started as a comic artist in 2004 and has since then created art for books, animation, games, magazines.
Ep.94: Drawing every time you can with Amber (Dav Kro)
Amber, aka Dav Kro, is a self-taught artist from Georgia, US. She is the Grump head and portrait artist for the Let's Play web series GameGrumps, and a story artist for Gameoverse!
Ep.26: How to be resourceful artist with Djamila Knopf
Djamila is a professional illustrator. Her drawing style is influenced by Japanese animation and artists such as Iain McCaig, Tran Nguyen, and Amei Zhao.