Michele Arrieta is an illustrator and graphic designer living in San Diego, California
She graduated from the International Academy of Design and Technology, San Antonio, Texas with a Bachelors Degree in Fine Art with a major in Graphic Design.
Best known for her illustrations of lovely female characters, her inspiration stems from fashion photography.
Michele is a full time graphic designer and spends her evenings pursuing her passion for illustration. You can find her tabling at CTN Expo and maybe at WonderCon and San Diego Comicon in 2018 as well 🙂
Get in touch with Michele
- Website: http://www.michele-arrieta.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artbyarrieta/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MicheleArrieta.Art
“Start it now! Put your work out there on social media!”
- Michele studied visual development at online school – Oatley Academy and she also chose the 1 on 1 mentorship which helped her immensely. It’s 10 weeks long program, with assignments, and personalized reviews. It was a real eye-opener for her
- Michele has a full-time job and always works on her own stuff at night. You have to be disciplined to do this!
- Michele says there is a lot of misconception in our society about what you can do as an art career. The fine art is not the only avenue!
- Michele shares that tabling at art shows, like CTN is a great experience to sell your art and get to know new people. It’s not that hard and if you need to, sharing a table is also an option!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Online academy where Michel studied
- AIGA – international community for advertising design – Michele subscribed to a newsletter to receive job offers
- Events where you can meet Michele:
- Cosmopolitan magazine – Michele does artwork for blog posts
- Digital tools
- Online store – SmugMug – only prints – Michele has a website and shop page from them
Special thanks to Michele for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Michele Arrieta, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.140: How to get past things that hold us back with Karly Jade Catto
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Karly Jade Catto, a Character Designer, and Illustrator from Utah. Karly's clients include Hasbro, Abrams Kids, Fisher-Price, American Girl Magazine. She is currently working in children's TV Animation.
Ep.151: Atey Ghailan aka Snatti on why should always have your personal art projects
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Atey Ghailan, a.k.a Snatti, a concept artist, and illustrator, in LA. He works as Senior Illustrator and concept artist at Riot Games. In his free time, he works on his personal project called Path of Miranda.
Ep.128: Be a student of life with Brian Ajhar
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Brian Ajhar, a character designer, illustrator, and storyteller. His art career has spanned 3 decades and his clients include magazines, newspapers, advertising agencies, corporations, and book publishers.
Ep.2: On running art studio and living frugal lifestyle with Trent Kaniuga from Aquatic Moon
Trent Kaniuga is the owner of Aquatic Moon, a boutique Atelier/Art House providing contract art services for industry leading video games.
Ep.155: Valerie Bastille on how to overcome the art block
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Valerie Bastille, a freelance illustrator in Montreal. Her work, both digital and traditional, is influenced by nature, including floral elements, bringing the sense of motion to her illustrations.
Ep.82: Freelancing since she was 15 years old with Devin Elle Kurtz (Tamberella)
Devin started her professional freelance illustrator career when she was only 15 years old! She creates stunning animals, creatures, and natural environment work. She loves to tutor and teach other artists as well and you can learn from her during private consultations or from her tutorials on Patreon and Gumroad.