Mattias is a freelance illustrator living just outside of Stockholm, Sweden. He has worked with everything from computer games to children’s books. He is most known for his detailed ink illustrations, posting new creation on Instagram almost every day! He has already released 4 personal books, one of them “The second in line”, won “most beautiful Swedish book” and several other awards. He dreams of traveling the world and publishing illustrated books about his travel experiences!
Get in touch with Mattias
- Website: http://mattiasadolfsson.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mattiasink/
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MattiasAdolfssonShop
“It’s never too late to change”
- “Being just a funny guy is not that rewarding, so I put the jokes into my drawings”
- People are giving advice so much from their own universe, so it’s very important to try to see it from their angle and not implement everything at once
- Value your time. Try to enjoy it but don’t waste it
- Practice drawing every day
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Fountain pens – dip pens – PILOT Falcon pen
- Ink from http://www.de-atramentis.com/?language=en
- Winsor & Newton watercolors
- Schmincke watercolors – best to keep the colors for longer time
- Comic books from the 40s recommended by Mattias – Tove Janson
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Mattias for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Mattias Adolfsson, used with permission