Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Martin Wittig, is a character designer and animator in LA. He has been in the animation industry for 22 years, working as a character designer at Disney TV, Dreamworks, Blue Sky Studios, CN, Laika, and others.
Get in touch with Martin
“Don’t get discouraged, persist, stay focused and work hard. It’s gonna happen!”
- Martin says what helped him to progress the most was with good teachers at school and life drawing sessions. It opened his eyes to push himself even more and improve together with other artists around
- Martin advises that you should be humble about your work and you should be open to criticism and to change if needed
- Martin wishes he knew more insights into animation industry before starting to stay more on the edge of things happening to recognize the opportunities better.
- Recommended book: Drawn to Life series (20 Golden years of Disney Masterclasses) by Walt Stanchfield
Special thanks to Martin for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Martin Wittig, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
This episode is sponsored by
- ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE