Marta Nael is a Spanish artist currently working freelance and previously for the publisher Ediciones Babylon.
Marta’s love for art started at a very early age because she always knew what she wanted to do when she grows up. She has a love for all artistic disciplines but after completing a Fine Arts degree she started to learn digital art, matte painting and concept art, something which has enabled her to embark on a variety of projects from books and musical album covers to background illustrations.
Get in touch with Marta
- Website: http://martanael.artstation.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/martanael/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/martanael/about
Special offers for Art Side of Life visitors
- 💎How to Make Money as an Artist (Course) – learn to make money as an artist and live a creative career you will love
- 🎓Evolve Artist Program – better than an art college education and only at a fraction of the cost – World’s Simplest Art Training Method (I am Evolve’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
- 🎨 Storytelling with Color and Light (Course) – make your artworks more believable and appealing
- 🎧 Audible – 2 FREE audiobooks – learn by listening to hundreds of books (I am Audible’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
“Work, work, work, don’t give up and try to achieve what you want. Believe in yourself but stay humble!”
- Marta recommends starting with traditional media so you get used to using pencil, charcoal, oil, acrylics and only then go to digital. Digital is cool, but when you don’t have the feeling for the brushes it may look artificial
- Marta’s brand is “Femme fatale woman”. She tries to paint face as the most important part, more detailed than the rest
- Marta’s fav colors are turquoise, or pale orange – neutral color. Cold warmer colors – shadows and light – balance and accent colors that stand out from the rest
- Marta actually takes pictures of herself as reference for some of the poses
- In regards to social media, Marta thinks that a few years back, DeviantArt was good, then facebook, now Instagram and ArtStation. Instagram is good for sketches, ArtStation is more prof sional, because there is a lot of studios and clients there and YouTube channel is showing her WIP sketches
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Marta is an author of 12 art books that you can find at the website of Ediciones Babylon
- She went to University of Barcelona – Faculty of Fine Arts
- Art Tools:
- Fav masters
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Marta for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Marta Nael, used with permission