Marta Nael is a Spanish artist currently working freelance and previously for the publisher Ediciones Babylon.
Marta’s love for art started at a very early age because she always knew what she wanted to do when she grows up. She has a love for all artistic disciplines but after completing a Fine Arts degree she started to learn digital art, matte painting and concept art, something which has enabled her to embark on a variety of projects from books and musical album covers to background illustrations.
Get in touch with Marta
- Website: http://martanael.artstation.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/martanael/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/martanael/about
“Work, work, work, don’t give up and try to achieve what you want. Believe in yourself but stay humble!”
- Marta recommends starting with traditional media so you get used to using pencil, charcoal, oil, acrylics and only then go to digital. Digital is cool, but when you don’t have the feeling for the brushes it may look artificial
- Marta’s brand is “Femme fatale woman”. She tries to paint face as the most important part, more detailed than the rest
- Marta’s fav colors are turquoise, or pale orange – neutral color. Cold warmer colors – shadows and light – balance and accent colors that stand out from the rest
- Marta actually takes pictures of herself as reference for some of the poses
- In regards to social media, Marta thinks that a few years back, DeviantArt was good, then facebook, now Instagram and ArtStation. Instagram is good for sketches, ArtStation is more prof sional, because there is a lot of studios and clients there and YouTube channel is showing her WIP sketches
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Marta is an author of 12 art books that you can find at the website of Ediciones Babylon
- She went to University of Barcelona – Faculty of Fine Arts
- Art Tools:
- Fav masters
Special thanks to Marta for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Marta Nael, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.160: Think before you start drawing with Modern Day James
Modern Day James, an artist, designer, and musician known for his popular YouTube channel and Patreon.
Ep.42: How to develop your art skills with Rachel Favelle (Pop Surrealist Artist)
Rachel is a Contemporary Pop - Surrealist Artist. With degrees in Illustration and Education, she has been working in the field of Art Education since 2000.
Ep.33: Bring the joy of art to a wider audience with Song & Annette from Paint Events Zurich
Paint events are social get-togethers for anyone with no prior painting experience required! Paint events are about letting your creativity flow.
Ep.192: Part 2 – How to prepare portfolio for a big studio with Laura Price (lulusketches)
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with Laura Price a.k.a Lulusketches, an artist at Disney animation and YouTuber in sunny LA!
Ep.107: Follow your dreams with Prem Sai GS
Prem is a Character Designer currently residing in San Francisco, CA. He previously worked as a design intern at DreamWorks Feature Animation, Glendale.