Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Marc Allante, a contemporary artist from Hong Kong, known for merging traditional Chinese inks with European painting techniques in a contemporary art that reflects the fusion of his Chinese-French ancestry.
Get in touch with Marc
This episode is sponsored by
INPRNT – Are you looking for a top quality print shop and online store to sell your prints? Then you should definitely check out INPRNT! INPRNT has been helping artists print and sell gallery quality prints of their work all over the world for over a decade. Go to artsideoflife.com/inprnt and use promo code artside to get 10% discount.
ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
“When you are starting out or trying to breakthrough, consistency is very important. For me, the first 6 months didn’t bring anything, but I kept working, trying and improving until it happened. These things don’t happen overnight.”
- Holbein – oil, watercolor, ink
- Art/Work book
- Nikon D7100 with a macro lense for taking pictures of artworks for reproduction
- Epson V370 scanner, 300 or 600 dpi scans
- Epson printer for at home reprints
🎓Discover Art Side of Life Courses 🎓
Storytelling with Color and Light
Art Side of life recommends
- Audible – 30-day FREE – learn by listening to hundreds of books
- Freshbooks – 30-day FREE – super easy to use invoice and accounting software for freelancers
- Trusted Housesitters – live for free when traveling, get new inspiration and avoid art blocks
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments on YouTube
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Marc for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Marc Allante, used with permission
*Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.