Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Alba Bordes, the co-founder of Made of Sundays studio in Finland. Together with her husband and her sister they started producing cute stickers and creative wall decoration for both homes and offices.
Get in touch with Alba
- Website: https://www.madeofsundays.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/made_of_sundays/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/madeofsundays/
“Don’t take things too seriously and have fun!”
- Alba and her husband were looking for cute stickers to make their home cozier but didn’t find anything suitable. So they made them themselves and posted them on Instagram. There was a big demand for them and since then it just snowballed!
- They had no prior knowledge of production and learned from YouTube videos how to make the machines work
- Alba says that when you start with the production, all the things got wrong. Don’t stress too much, because everything is going to take care of itself later.
- Made of Sundays brand is all about stickers and as happy as possible. They make you smile. They make the wall a happier place!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Blogs that picked up Made of Sundays’ work – BuzzFeed, borepanda
- Podcasts – Shopify Masters, Nerd Marketing
- Art tools
- Inspiration – Japanese Kawai (=cute)
Special thanks to Alba for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Made of Sundays, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.58: Carlos Ortega Elizalde about learning 3D art by himself and his artistic journey
Carlos is a self taught 3D artist and graphic designer from Mexico. He is most known for his stunning character designs, perfectly rendered in 3D.
Ep.179: How I quit my job to become a full-time freelancer with Asia Ladowska
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Asia Ladowska. We talk about how she quit her job to become a full-time freelancer, what she learned and experienced along the way. We also talk about her book she will be publishing through Kickstarter soon!
Ep.194: What’s new with Ahmed Aldoori
In this episode we are chatting with Ahmed about what is new in his life since we talked two years ago! Enjoy!!
Ep.62: Marta Nael about her distinctive style and building her community
Marta is a Spanish artist working for publisher Ediciones Babylon. After completing a Fine Arts degree she started to learn and thrive in digital art.
Ep.71: How to make the best out of every situation with Bea Blue
Bea is an illustrator and vizdev artist from Spain. She is a freelance artist and she works in children's literature illustration and in DreamWorks.
Ep.184: Interview highlights – Advice for artists starting out
This episode is about highlights from the previous Art Side of Life interviews. Pernille Oerum, John Nevarez, Audra Auclair, Nathan Fowkes, Eliza Ivanova, Asia Ladowska, Sean A Murray and Ahmed Aldoori share their tips and advice for artists just starting out.