Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Luis Gadea, a Character Designer, and Animator. He has worked in the animation industry on animated commercials, TV series and as a Character Designer for The Angry Birds movie and The Lego Movie Sequel.
Get in touch with Luis
“Know what you want, but adjust your direction along the way!”
- When Luis first moved to Canada he was afraid of his English, but he soon found out that ½ of his class were from Latin America and they learned English together
- Luis studied both at an art school and online and he appreciates the one on one discussions with the teachers. This type of feedback is easier to understand.
- Luis says that networking and leaving a good impression on your work is very important. His first job was recommended by a friend and the good work he did there brought him further opportunities.
- Animation jobs in 2012 were paid by second approved and Luis was able to do 40 seconds per week
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- School where Luis studied: VFS Vancouver
- Book on which Luis collaborated: Masters of Anatomy
- Movies Luis worked on
- Art tools
Special thanks to Luis for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Luis Gadea, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.89: The journey of a professional comic/manga artist with Odunze Oguguo (Whytmanga)
Odunze, Whytmanga, is a comic manga artist, author and illustrator of Apple Black comic and Co-Founder of Saturday-AM.
Ep.161: Linkedin tips for artists with Mitch Leeuwe
In this episode, I am chatting with Mitch Leeuwe, a 2D artist from Holland. He creates characters, backgrounds and props for web and animation shows.
Ep.204: Illustration for Motion Design with Sarah Beth Morgan
Sarah Beth Morgan, a freelance art director, motion designer & illustrator based in Portland. She has worked with Gentleman Scholar and Oddfellows.
Ep.71: How to make the best out of every situation with Bea Blue
Bea is an illustrator and vizdev artist from Spain. She is a freelance artist and she works in children's literature illustration and in DreamWorks.
Ep.15: Going freelance full time with Gabriel Picolo
Gabriel is a freelance illustrator and comic artist. He grew an immense following during his online 365-day creative challenge, posting new art piece daily.