Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Luis Gadea, a Character Designer, and Animator. He has worked in the animation industry on animated commercials, TV series and as a Character Designer for The Angry Birds movie and The Lego Movie Sequel.
Get in touch with Luis
“Know what you want, but adjust your direction along the way!”
- When Luis first moved to Canada he was afraid of his English, but he soon found out that ½ of his class were from Latin America and they learned English together
- Luis studied both at an art school and online and he appreciates the one on one discussions with the teachers. This type of feedback is easier to understand.
- Luis says that networking and leaving a good impression on your work is very important. His first job was recommended by a friend and the good work he did there brought him further opportunities.
- Animation jobs in 2012 were paid by second approved and Luis was able to do 40 seconds per week
- School where Luis studied: VFS Vancouver
- Book on which Luis collaborated: Masters of Anatomy
- Movies Luis worked on
- Art tools
Special thanks to Luis for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Luis Gadea, used with permission