Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Luis Gadea, a Character Designer, and Animator. He has worked in the animation industry on animated commercials, TV series and as a Character Designer for The Angry Birds movie and The Lego Movie Sequel.
Get in touch with Luis
Special offers for Art Side of Life visitors
- 💎How to Make Money as an Artist (Course) – learn to make money as an artist and live a creative career you will love
- 🎓Evolve Artist Program – better than an art college education and only at a fraction of the cost – World’s Simplest Art Training Method (I am Evolve’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
- 🎨 Storytelling with Color and Light (Course) – make your artworks more believable and appealing
- 🎧 Audible – 2 FREE audiobooks – learn by listening to hundreds of books (I am Audible’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
“Know what you want, but adjust your direction along the way!”
- When Luis first moved to Canada he was afraid of his English, but he soon found out that ½ of his class were from Latin America and they learned English together
- Luis studied both at an art school and online and he appreciates the one on one discussions with the teachers. This type of feedback is easier to understand.
- Luis says that networking and leaving a good impression on your work is very important. His first job was recommended by a friend and the good work he did there brought him further opportunities.
- Animation jobs in 2012 were paid by second approved and Luis was able to do 40 seconds per week
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- School where Luis studied: VFS Vancouver
- Book on which Luis collaborated: Masters of Anatomy
- Movies Luis worked on
- Art tools
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Luis for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Luis Gadea, used with permission