Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Luis Gadea, a Character Designer, and Animator. He has worked in the animation industry on animated commercials, TV series and as a Character Designer for The Angry Birds movie and The Lego Movie Sequel.
Get in touch with Luis
“Know what you want, but adjust your direction along the way!”
- When Luis first moved to Canada he was afraid of his English, but he soon found out that ½ of his class were from Latin America and they learned English together
- Luis studied both at an art school and online and he appreciates the one on one discussions with the teachers. This type of feedback is easier to understand.
- Luis says that networking and leaving a good impression on your work is very important. His first job was recommended by a friend and the good work he did there brought him further opportunities.
- Animation jobs in 2012 were paid by second approved and Luis was able to do 40 seconds per week
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- School where Luis studied: VFS Vancouver
- Book on which Luis collaborated: Masters of Anatomy
- Movies Luis worked on
- Art tools
Special thanks to Luis for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Luis Gadea, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.73: From studying psychology to becoming a full time artist with Gosia Kmiec (Mkmiec Art)
Małgorzata is a freelance 2D artist, specializing in digital illustration and concept art (focusing on character and creature design).
Ep.198: Create Art That Sells with Cat Coquillette (Cat Coq)
Cat Coq, a location-independent artist, and designer selling on society6 and teaching on Skillshare. Her designs appear on products in Target & Urban Outfitters.
Ep.119: Make mistakes to learn with Zacharias Reinhardt
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Zacharias Reinhardt, a 3D artist and Blender trainer from Germany. He shares his knowledge in 200+ tutorials on YouTube. His 3D work has been featured in 3D Artist, Artstation, and BlenderNation.
Ep.104: Ben Fiquet on being a video games artist
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ben Fiquet, an illustrator, and CEO of Lizardcube game studio. He has worked on different projects with companies like Dreamworks, Chez Eddy, King.com. A recent release is Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
Ep.81: How to start and succeed as full time comic author and illustrator with Raul Trevino
Raul Trevino is a comic book writer and illustrator originally from Monterrey, Mexico, now based in Chiba, Japan. He has been making comics for the last 15 years, and his specialty is to create fun worlds full of adventure. He wants to have a dialogue with his audience through his stories.