Griselda a.k.a. Lord Gris is currently working as a Game assets designer. She creates most of her artworks digitally and she also produces prints and stickers from her creations. She is gradually growing her Instagram fan base and supporting them with great advice such as:
“You may not notice you’re improving, but someday you’ll look back and be grateful for all the times you kept making art you thought was bad. Bad art is necessary for your growth”
Get in touch with Lord Gris
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lord_gris/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LordGriselda/
- Etsy: https://artsideoflife.com/lordgrisetsy
“If I knew that all the practice that I did when I was younger would pay off so much, I would have done it way more.”
- People are not afraid of the hard work, they are afraid their hard work will not result in anything. Every time Lord Gris thinks her hard work will not get her anywhere, she just tries to think otherwise and it brings the results
- Best advice Lord Gris ever got was, that you should take advice from people who have/did what you want
- In order to make it, you need to have a great content through proper practice – e.g. realistic lightning can translate to any style you want, figure drawing classes teach you how to draw the human body naturally and proper people skills and networking skills – It helped her to grow her Instagram platform so much
- When starting, don’t be too eager so people take advantage of you. Respect yourself and your art
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Artists that inspired Lord Gris
- Art tools
- Movie – Kimi no na wa (Your name) – she seen it 3x by now – she feels super inspired – beautiful animation and illustration
Special thanks to Lord Gris for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lord Gris, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.32: Alisa Vysochina on how to choose the right printer and paper for selling your art prints
Alisa is a freelance illustrator, primarily working with watercolors. She loves plants and flowers which reflect in her beautiful watercolor illustrations.
Ep.11: Curious mind of an artist with Tod Polson (The Book of Life)
Tod is an animation designer and director. He is known for his work on Howl (2010), The Secret of Kells (2009) and The Book of Life (2014).
Ep.74: How to become a surf, skate and street artist with Fieldey
In this episode I chat with Haylee "Fieldey" Fieldes who is a Surf, Skate & Street Artist.
Ep.141: Don’t fear rejection and always get up with Nikolas Draper-Ivey
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nikolas Draper-Ivey, an illustrator, and writer in NY. His work includes Star Wars and Disney Characters re-imagined as Marvel Characters. He has recently worked on the cover for Marvel’s Black Panther album!
Ep.150: How to come up with ideas and inspiration for your art with Eeva Nikunen
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Eeva Nikunen, fantasy artist from Finland, author, and illustrator of Stargazers & Enchanted Valley, who specializes in narrative style fine art and illustration. Her mediums are oils and graphite pencils.
Ep.179: How I quit my job to become a full-time freelancer with Asia Ladowska
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Asia Ladowska. We talk about how she quit her job to become a full-time freelancer, what she learned and experienced along the way. We also talk about her book she will be publishing through Kickstarter soon!