After she lived “all around the world’, including the US, Indonesia, France and Belgium, Lois van Baarle a.k.a Loish works now as a freelance illustrator and animator from her home in Holland. She has been drawing since she was a child and most of her amazing colorful artworks are now created digitally. You can see the process examples on Vimeo.
We met while we were working together on one of the projects for LEGO and it was a great pleasure to work with her and get to know her better. She has many years of experience working for the different industries and brands. She was also featured in many publications, like Imagine FX and published her own art book The Art of Loish: A Look Behind the Scenes for her amazing fan base.
Get in touch with Loish
“Draw what you really want to draw and indulge in your guilty pleasures!”
- She was always inspired by Art Nouveau and Disney
- Her dad once told her to draw from her imagination, instead of just from the references, which was a real turning point in how she approached art
- She finds inspiration in color combinations – in most random places – anywhere in daily life
- She prioritizes projects that challenge her on whole different level so she can gain more experience and strengthen her brand
- The Art of Loish: Part 2 – Kickstarter project launching in September 2017
- iPad Pro tablet with Procreate App
- CTN Expo – Creative Talent Network animation expo
- TV Show: The Wire – excellent story telling
- Movie: Children of Men – so much nuance in the story
- App: Google Keep – note taking service
- Art Book(s): any book by James Jean
- Other Book(s): Bill Bryson: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Special thanks to Loish for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lois van Baarle, used with permission