Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lois van Baarle, also known online as Loish. We talk about her experiences from the past year, how she conquered the fear of doing workshops and how it makes her whole now! We also touch upon a subject of 3rd book Lois wants to publish in the future!
Get in touch with Lois
- Website: http://loish.net/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/loisvb/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/loish.fans/
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Lois’ workshops – follow her Instagram
- Next one – on September 21st, 2018 at SAE Geneva in Switzerland
- Lois’s books – The Art of Loish & The Sketchbook of Loish
Special thanks to Lois for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lois van Baarle, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Support Art Side of Life by supporting our sponsors
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
- INPRNT – Are you looking for a top quality print shop and online store to sell your prints? Then you should definitely check out INPRNT! INPRNT has been helping artists print and sell gallery quality prints of their work all over the world for over a decade. Go to artsideoflife.com/inprnt and use promo code artside to get 10% discount.
Ep.144: Write and illustrate your own book series with Ruby Roth
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ruby Roth, artist, designer, and the author-illustrator of four books for kids on veganism. Ruby focuses on art direction, and illustration for clients in fashion, art, music, and entertainment.
Ep.91: Dan Howard on the importance of attending conventions
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Dan Howard, full-time freelance illustrator and concept artist from LA. He has worked with clients such as Rocket Games, UbiSoft, Riot Games, Flight Comics, and Fantasy Flight Games, just to name a few.
Ep.100: About the legacy of your work with Daniel Lieske (Wormworld Saga)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Daniel Lieske, a full-time author, and illustrator, known for his famous digital graphic novel Wormworld saga. He is also the founder of digitalartforum.de one of the biggest German digital art community.
Ep.118: Sometimes less is more with Olga Zavershinskaya aka Armene
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Olga Zavershinskaya, a fine art photographer, and digital artist. She is the winner of multiple International Photography Awards and Trierenberg Super Circuit, the world's largest photo art contest.
Ep.208: Interview with community members – María and Manuel (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Manuel (concept artist from Argentina) and María (Comics artist from Mexico).
Ep.146: Nic Gregory on why it’s never too late to start with art career
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nic Gregory, a Background Painter and VisDev Artist. From Australia, Nic decided to move to LA to work in the animation in mid-30s. He worked with Disney, Cartoon Network, and Rough Draft Studios.