Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lioba Brückner, a painter based in Germany, most known for portraying young women in a surrealistic manner superimposed by plants or insects. She runs a very popular art YouTube channel full of tutorials.
Get in touch with Lioba
- Website: http://lioba.info/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdY_vZeVdjKmcDqdG2HtjlA
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/liobabrueckner/
“Listen to what you really enjoy the most and do everything you can to follow it”
- Lioba’s boyfriend had a great importance in her development as an artist. He guided her, taught her fundamentals, anatomy. She used to be very stubborn in the beginning but soon learned that feedback is a good thing and helped her to improve the most.
- What is more, Lioba got also a lot of feedback in different areas, personal, professional, e.g. how to present yourself, how to pitch/sell, etc.
- Lioba’s most difficult time was when she was in her mid-20s and she learned that every artist she followed had ‘huge income’, everybody was running Kickstarter and she was earning only $300/month. So she set a goal that she will start with selling 1 artwork per month in a gallery, once she reached that, she went to 2 artworks, etc. This step by step progress helped her build the confidence and grow further.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Academy of Arts in Dusseldorf (in German)
- Books for professional development
- Dale Carnegie – How to win friends and influence people
- Michael Port – Steal the show – the art of presentation
- Art tools
- Podcast – Waking up podcast with Sam Harris – political stuff – completely different from arts
- Lioba listens to audiobooks during painting time
Special thanks to Lioba for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lioba Brückner, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.107: Follow your dreams with Prem Sai GS
Prem is a Character Designer currently residing in San Francisco, CA. He previously worked as a design intern at DreamWorks Feature Animation, Glendale.
Ep.113: Kenny Anderson on how to start your art career
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Kenny Anderson, a character designer, illustrator, and animator. He worked on the Oscar-nominated film "The Illusionist" in 2010 and with companies, such as BBC Ceebeebies, and Disney Interactive.
Ep.87: Creating more art buyers with Liezel & Kitty from Subject Matter Art Gallery
Liezel is the Co-Founder/Director and Kitty is the Artists director of Subjectmatter - a photographic contemporary gallery, which represents and promotes upcoming, established and award-winning artists.
Ep.168: Life of a concept artist in a studio with Esben Lash Rasmussen from Riot Games
Esben L. Rasmussen, a Concept Artist & Illustrator, originally from Denmark, currently working as a Senior Illustrator at RIOT Games in LA.
Ep.104: Ben Fiquet on being a video games artist
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ben Fiquet, an illustrator, and CEO of Lizardcube game studio. He has worked on different projects with companies like Dreamworks, Chez Eddy, King.com. A recent release is Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.