Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lioba Brückner, a painter based in Germany, most known for portraying young women in a surrealistic manner superimposed by plants or insects. She runs a very popular art YouTube channel full of tutorials.
Get in touch with Lioba
- Website: http://lioba.info/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdY_vZeVdjKmcDqdG2HtjlA
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/liobabrueckner/
“Listen to what you really enjoy the most and do everything you can to follow it”
- Lioba’s boyfriend had a great importance in her development as an artist. He guided her, taught her fundamentals, anatomy. She used to be very stubborn in the beginning but soon learned that feedback is a good thing and helped her to improve the most.
- What is more, Lioba got also a lot of feedback in different areas, personal, professional, e.g. how to present yourself, how to pitch/sell, etc.
- Lioba’s most difficult time was when she was in her mid-20s and she learned that every artist she followed had ‘huge income’, everybody was running Kickstarter and she was earning only $300/month. So she set a goal that she will start with selling 1 artwork per month in a gallery, once she reached that, she went to 2 artworks, etc. This step by step progress helped her build the confidence and grow further.
- Academy of Arts in Dusseldorf (in German)
- Books for professional development
- Dale Carnegie – How to win friends and influence people
- Michael Port – Steal the show – the art of presentation
- Art tools
- Podcast – Waking up podcast with Sam Harris – political stuff – completely different from arts
- Lioba listens to audiobooks during painting time
Special thanks to Lioba for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lioba Brückner, used with permission