Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Amanda & Gus from Limetown Studios in Brazil. Gus does concepts and Amanda does color, light and digital painting. They work with 2D illustration and games – online, mobile, consoles, board and card games.
Get in touch with Amanda & Gus
“Don’t overwork yourself, sleep well, eat well, exercise! You can’t pour from an empty cup”
“If you feel stuck, just do a lot of studies”
- Amanda and Gus set up the Limetown Studios after they worked together for a different agency and were able to bring a couple of clients onboard.
- Best advice they got was that you shouldn’t compare yourself to others, only to yourself, you got better than yesterday
- Amanda & Gus mention ArtStation as the best source for the biggest clients because there are more serious companies. They update their portfolio there every day, and from time to time they get the ArtStation picks
- Amanda & Gus both agree that what they wish to know before starting their art career is to be a better student, and take it more seriously, learn fundamentals and then explore.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Convention – Comic con XP Brazil
- Art Tools
Special thanks to Amanda & Gus for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Limetown Studios, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.115: Bryan Mark Taylor on being a plein air artist
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Bryan Mark Taylor, a painter, lecturer, inventor and world traveler! He is most known for his plein air paintings and his work has been featured in Fine Art Connoisseur, Plein Air, and other publications.
Ep.167: Be nice to yourself, stay positive and keep trying with Isabelle Staub
Isabelle Staub, a freelance illustrator and artist most known for her female portraits, series where she repainted Disney princesses in her unique style.
Ep.2: On running art studio and living frugal lifestyle with Trent Kaniuga from Aquatic Moon
Trent Kaniuga is the owner of Aquatic Moon, a boutique Atelier/Art House providing contract art services for industry leading video games.
Ep.89: The journey of a professional comic/manga artist with Odunze Oguguo (Whytmanga)
Odunze, Whytmanga, is a comic manga artist, author and illustrator of Apple Black comic and Co-Founder of Saturday-AM.
Ep.203: On getting clients with Jarom Vogel
Jarom Vogel, an illustrator and programmer. He is known for his colorful illustrations and has worked with clients such as Apple, Procreate and others.