Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Amanda & Gus from Limetown Studios in Brazil. Gus does concepts and Amanda does color, light and digital painting. They work with 2D illustration and games – online, mobile, consoles, board and card games.
Get in touch with Amanda & Gus
“Don’t overwork yourself, sleep well, eat well, exercise! You can’t pour from an empty cup”
“If you feel stuck, just do a lot of studies”
- Amanda and Gus set up the Limetown Studios after they worked together for a different agency and were able to bring a couple of clients onboard.
- Best advice they got was that you shouldn’t compare yourself to others, only to yourself, you got better than yesterday
- Amanda & Gus mention ArtStation as the best source for the biggest clients because there are more serious companies. They update their portfolio there every day, and from time to time they get the ArtStation picks
- Amanda & Gus both agree that what they wish to know before starting their art career is to be a better student, and take it more seriously, learn fundamentals and then explore.
- Convention – Comic con XP Brazil
- Art Tools
Special thanks to Amanda & Gus for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Limetown Studios, used with permission