Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Amanda & Gus from Limetown Studios in Brazil. Gus does concepts and Amanda does color, light and digital painting. They work with 2D illustration and games – online, mobile, consoles, board and card games.
Get in touch with Amanda & Gus
“Don’t overwork yourself, sleep well, eat well, exercise! You can’t pour from an empty cup”
“If you feel stuck, just do a lot of studies”
- Amanda and Gus set up the Limetown Studios after they worked together for a different agency and were able to bring a couple of clients onboard.
- Best advice they got was that you shouldn’t compare yourself to others, only to yourself, you got better than yesterday
- Amanda & Gus mention ArtStation as the best source for the biggest clients because there are more serious companies. They update their portfolio there every day, and from time to time they get the ArtStation picks
- Amanda & Gus both agree that what they wish to know before starting their art career is to be a better student, and take it more seriously, learn fundamentals and then explore.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Convention – Comic con XP Brazil
- Art Tools
Special thanks to Amanda & Gus for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Limetown Studios, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.150: How to come up with ideas and inspiration for your art with Eeva Nikunen
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Eeva Nikunen, fantasy artist from Finland, author, and illustrator of Stargazers & Enchanted Valley, who specializes in narrative style fine art and illustration. Her mediums are oils and graphite pencils.
Ep.157: Your role with your art is to communicate, not to be perfect with Fran Meneses aka Frannerd
Fran Meneses, aka Frannerd, a freelance illustrator in the UK. She is currently workingon supporting her art community on Patreon, YouTube, and Instagram.
Ep.121: Do you need talent to be an artist with Sara Faber
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Sara Faber, a full-time illustrator & visual development based in Berlin. She specializes in digital art and watercolors.
Ep.102: Denis Zilber on why you should concentrate on storytelling and not tools
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Denis Zilber, a freelance illustrator, and visual storyteller. He has worked with magazines like GQ, Maxim, National Geographic and animation studios like Hasbro, Dreamworks, Nickelodeon among many others.
Ep.96: Beverly Johnson on creating strong character design
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Beverly Johnson, from Burbank, California. She is a Character Designer and Story artist and graduate of Rhode Island School of Design mostly known for her work on children books.
Ep.118: Sometimes less is more with Olga Zavershinskaya aka Armene
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Olga Zavershinskaya, a fine art photographer, and digital artist. She is the winner of multiple International Photography Awards and Trierenberg Super Circuit, the world's largest photo art contest.