Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Amanda & Gus from Limetown Studios in Brazil. Gus does concepts and Amanda does color, light and digital painting. They work with 2D illustration and games – online, mobile, consoles, board and card games.
Get in touch with Amanda & Gus
“Don’t overwork yourself, sleep well, eat well, exercise! You can’t pour from an empty cup”
“If you feel stuck, just do a lot of studies”
- Amanda and Gus set up the Limetown Studios after they worked together for a different agency and were able to bring a couple of clients onboard.
- Best advice they got was that you shouldn’t compare yourself to others, only to yourself, you got better than yesterday
- Amanda & Gus mention ArtStation as the best source for the biggest clients because there are more serious companies. They update their portfolio there every day, and from time to time they get the ArtStation picks
- Amanda & Gus both agree that what they wish to know before starting their art career is to be a better student, and take it more seriously, learn fundamentals and then explore.
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Convention – Comic con XP Brazil
- Art Tools
Special thanks to Amanda & Gus for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Limetown Studios, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.172: Choosing your color palettes with Jax Sheridan aka Clockbirds
Jax Sheridan, aka Clockbirds, an artist and psychology student, who is most known for her fantasy illustrations and her popular YouTube channel.
Ep.16: Building online communities is important for future possibilities with Neimy Kanani
Neimy is a digital artist from California, currently studying in Florida. Her characters have vivid colors and beautiful flowy hair.
Ep.69: Inspiring YouTube art communities with Alice Coles (Hullo Alice)
Alice is an illustrator, animator, designer, artist and a YouTuber. She has a very popular YouTube channel where she makes art videos of all kinds.
Ep.28: Why it’s a good idea to attend art competitions with Meike Schneider (2D/3D)
Meike is a 2D/3D Character & Environment Artist currently freelancing for various animation studios and working at the PIXL VISN Media Arts Academy.
Ep.12: On finding your unique style with Robb Mommaerts
Robb is a comic books illustrator and graphic designer. He specializes in drawing comic books, children's books, game art, and character design.