Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Levi Prewitt, a cartoonist from San Francisco, California. He is the creator of Repo Creepo a comic about the hunters of the ghost, vampires, and daemons! He also worked on a card game Kill the Unicorns.
Get in touch with Levi
“Embrace the “suck” and be a little terrible because that’s how you get good”
- Levi learned early when growing as an artist that talent doesn’t get you very far, but hard work and challenging yourself at things that you are bad at will!
- One of Levi’s income stream is auctioning his art on Instagram
- Levi says that the things you are afraid of are the things you haven’t done properly yet so challenge yourself and get better
- Levi advises in regards to client work, say yes, ask questions later
- Levi says that if money is not an object, you should get to an art school, but if it is, you shouldn’t do student debt. You don’t need school for creating art. Yes, you will get connections, will grow your skills, but you still have to do the work, so don’t expect the school to propel you forward that much!
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Levi’s comic series – Repo Creepo
- Idols – Miyazaki, John Lasseter
- Tool: Rhodia pad for todo lists
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Levi for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Levi Prewitt, used with permission