Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Levi Prewitt, a cartoonist from San Francisco, California. He is the creator of Repo Creepo a comic about the hunters of the ghost, vampires, and daemons! He also worked on a card game Kill the Unicorns.
Get in touch with Levi
“Embrace the “suck” and be a little terrible because that’s how you get good”
- Levi learned early when growing as an artist that talent doesn’t get you very far, but hard work and challenging yourself at things that you are bad at will!
- One of Levi’s income stream is auctioning his art on Instagram
- Levi says that the things you are afraid of are the things you haven’t done properly yet so challenge yourself and get better
- Levi advises in regards to client work, say yes, ask questions later
- Levi says that if money is not an object, you should get to an art school, but if it is, you shouldn’t do student debt. You don’t need school for creating art. Yes, you will get connections, will grow your skills, but you still have to do the work, so don’t expect the school to propel you forward that much!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Levi’s comic series – Repo Creepo
- Idols – Miyazaki, John Lasseter
- Tool: Rhodia pad for todo lists
Special thanks to Levi for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Levi Prewitt, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.206: Beatrice “Bea” Blue on the importance of enjoying the journey
I am catching up with Beatrice Blue. We chat about what she has been up to since we talked last time - her time in Montreal, her new books and much more.
Ep.191: Helpful Books for Artists – Interview Highlights
Hey, guys! This episode is about highlights from the previous Art Side of Life interviews. Bea Blue, Wouter Tulp, Cyarine and Felipe Machado share their favorite art books and other books.
Ep.188: Andrew Price (Blender Guru) on work life balance as an artist
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Andrew Price, better known as Blender Guru about important topic of work life balance as an artist. It’s another year after interview!
Ep.48: Chloe Giordano about the art of embroidery and how to live from it
Chloe is an illustrator and graphic designer known for her animals embroidered with very fine details, so real that they seem to be sleeping on the canvas.
Ep.23: How to succeed in the world of children’s books with Gene Barretta
Gene is a highly accomplished and awarded children's book author and illustrator, animator and character designer.