Lena is a full-time fine artist originally from Ukraine, now living in Florida, United States. Since a very early age, she has been influenced by creative people in her family and she knew that art is something she absolutely wants to do for a living.
She is mostly known for painting natural scenes with oil paints, either on birch wood panels or linen canvas. Her ‘Water series’ are especially captivating
She has a very popular YouTube channel and her videos consist of painting and drawing time lapses, tutorials, art talks, and basically anything art related! Occasionally she also takes her audience with her to gallery shows and artful travels in her “Lena’s Art Diary” series documenting her life as a full-time artist.
Get in touch with Lena
- Website: http://lenadanya.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lenadanya/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LenaDanya
“Make as much work as you possibly can, immerse yourself and really awesome things will happen!”
- Lena never saw her life without art and she knew she will do it professionally
- After the end of the high school, Lena went to college for a year and she started YouTube at that time, for fun. She quit the college after a year, and she did art full time, worked in a restaurant and later YouTube provided her with her living costs
- Lena grew her YouTube following by messaging and discussing with other YouTubers. She saw that living from YouTube is possible, she saw other artists doing it and that gave her evidence that it’s a viable route
- Lena’s biggest inspiration is the nature and the ocean. The nature reminds her of being alive and being able to perceive the world. Painting for her is about how she processes life. She goes a lot into the nature to sketch and to take pictures
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Lena’s YouTube friend: Adande/Swoozie
- YouTube Conventions
- Lena learned about oil paints from Bob Ross and from the Museums
- Julia Cameron: The Artist’s Way – inspirational tool – spiritual book with creative exercises
- David Bayles: Art and Fear – going through everything that stops you
Special thanks to Lena for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lena Danya, used with permission.
Best art supplies and art tools for oil painting:
- Artist’s Guide to Oil Painting for Beginners
- Essential Oil Painting Supplies for Artists
- Best Oil Paints and Oil Paint Set
- Choosing the Best Oil Paint Brushes
- Choosing the Best Oil Paint Palette
- Choosing the Best Canvas for Oil Painting
- Best Palette Knives and Palette Knife Set
- Choosing the Best Painting Easel
- Best Oil Pastels for Artists
Click Here to Read the Transcript
Ep.22: Finished not perfect with Jake Parker
Jake is an illustrator based in Utah, United States. For the last 15 years, he has worked on everything from animated films to comics to picture books.
Ep.203: On getting clients with Jarom Vogel
Jarom Vogel, an illustrator and programmer. He is known for his colorful illustrations and has worked with clients such as Apple, Procreate and others.
Ep.185: Marco Bucci on teaching art online
In this episode, I am chatting with Marco Bucci. We talk about how he teaches art online and how he was able to grow his following on YouTube so much in the past year.
Ep.115: Bryan Mark Taylor on being a plein air artist
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Bryan Mark Taylor, a painter, lecturer, inventor and world traveler! He is most known for his plein air paintings and his work has been featured in Fine Art Connoisseur, Plein Air, and other publications.
Ep.205: Art licensing tips with Bonnie Christine
Bonnie Christine, an artist and pattern & textile designer. She is most known for her flowery designs, making artworks for companies & products.