Lena is a full-time fine artist originally from Ukraine, now living in Florida, United States. Since a very early age, she has been influenced by creative people in her family and she knew that art is something she absolutely wants to do for a living.
She is mostly known for painting natural scenes with oil paints, either on birch wood panels or linen canvas. Her ‘Water series’ are especially captivating
She has a very popular YouTube channel and her videos consist of painting and drawing time lapses, tutorials, art talks, and basically anything art related! Occasionally she also takes her audience with her to gallery shows and artful travels in her “Lena’s Art Diary” series documenting her life as a full-time artist.
Get in touch with Lena
- Website: http://lenadanya.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lenadanya/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LenaDanya
“Make as much work as you possibly can, immerse yourself and really awesome things will happen!”
- Lena never saw her life without art and she knew she will do it professionally
- After the end of the high school, Lena went to college for a year and she started YouTube at that time, for fun. She quit the college after a year, and she did art full time, worked in a restaurant and later YouTube provided her with her living costs
- Lena grew her YouTube following by messaging and discussing with other YouTubers. She saw that living from YouTube is possible, she saw other artists doing it and that gave her evidence that it’s a viable route
- Lena’s biggest inspiration is the nature and the ocean. The nature reminds her of being alive and being able to perceive the world. Painting for her is about how she processes life. She goes a lot into the nature to sketch and to take pictures
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Lena’s YouTube friend: Adande/Swoozie
- YouTube Conventions
- Lena learned about oil paints from Bob Ross and from the Museums
- Julia Cameron: The Artist’s Way – inspirational tool – spiritual book with creative exercises
- David Bayles: Art and Fear – going through everything that stops you
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Lena for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lena Danya, used with permission