Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lemia Crescent, a self-taught artist and video games appreciator. She has a very popular YouTube and Twitch channel where she shares a video game, movie and anime speedpaints, art supply reviews, and tutorials.
Get in touch with Lemia
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lemiacrescent/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LemiaCrescent
“You just gotta do it and put yourself out there. There will always be somebody who will love your art and you just have to help them find you!”
- Lemia started her YouTube channel making videos about art with the Crayola crayons. They became very popular because not everybody was doing similar videos
- Lemia talks about how Twitch works. The viewers subscribe to you, it works like a magazine. They have to pay to watch you and you as a creator get a % cut. Depending on how many viewers you gut it ranges from 25 – 70%
- Lemia talks about a long way to gain her subscribers on YouTube. You have to keep producing content constantly and climb up to it. Commitment and consistency count!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools
- Fav games – Supergiant Games: Bastion, The Legend of Zelda – visually interesting
- Favorite art book – Art of Loish
Special thanks to Lemia for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lemia Crescent, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.117: How to get internship in Disney with Tyler ‘Ty’ Amato
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Tyler Amato, an Illustrator and Art Director from Florida. She has worked in Disney's Yellow Shoes Creative Group, the in-house creative shop for Disney Destinations.
Ep.96: Beverly Johnson on creating strong character design
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Beverly Johnson, from Burbank, California. She is a Character Designer and Story artist and graduate of Rhode Island School of Design mostly known for her work on children books.
Ep.51: Bryan Sims on why you don’t have to go to expensive school to do animation
Bryan Sims is a Los Angeles based artist, a graduate of Art Center College of Design with a passion for visual development, story, character, and sketching.
Ep.124: How to get paid for doing what you love with Nathanna Erica
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nathanna Erica, an illustrator and paper artist based in São Paulo, Brazil. Her work focuses mainly on Illustration, storytelling, visual development, and character design.
Ep.189: Favorite Art Supplies – Interview Highlights
Hey, guys! This episode is about highlights from the previous Art Side of Life interviews. Alisa Vysochina, Tomasz Mro, Chantal Horeis, Marco Bucci, Djamila Knopf, and Carrosurreal share their favorite art supplies and art tools.