Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lemia Crescent, a self-taught artist and video games appreciator. She has a very popular YouTube and Twitch channel where she shares a video game, movie and anime speedpaints, art supply reviews, and tutorials.
Get in touch with Lemia
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lemiacrescent/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LemiaCrescent
“You just gotta do it and put yourself out there. There will always be somebody who will love your art and you just have to help them find you!”
- Lemia started her YouTube channel making videos about art with the Crayola crayons. They became very popular because not everybody was doing similar videos
- Lemia talks about how Twitch works. The viewers subscribe to you, it works like a magazine. They have to pay to watch you and you as a creator get a % cut. Depending on how many viewers you gut it ranges from 25 – 70%
- Lemia talks about a long way to gain her subscribers on YouTube. You have to keep producing content constantly and climb up to it. Commitment and consistency count!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools
- Fav games – Supergiant Games: Bastion, The Legend of Zelda – visually interesting
- Favorite art book – Art of Loish
Special thanks to Lemia for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lemia Crescent, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.180: How to negotiate your prices properly with Ruby Lee
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ruby Lee, a character designer from NZ with experience in film and TV. She worked as Lead Designer, Art Director for Nickelodeon and 7Towns and as Costume Designer on Hobbit, Elysium, Ghost in the Shell.
Ep.32: Alisa Vysochina on how to choose the right printer and paper for selling your art prints
Alisa is a freelance illustrator, primarily working with watercolors. She loves plants and flowers which reflect in her beautiful watercolor illustrations.
Ep.144: Write and illustrate your own book series with Ruby Roth
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ruby Roth, artist, designer, and the author-illustrator of four books for kids on veganism. Ruby focuses on art direction, and illustration for clients in fashion, art, music, and entertainment.
Ep.115: Bryan Mark Taylor on being a plein air artist
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Bryan Mark Taylor, a painter, lecturer, inventor and world traveler! He is most known for his plein air paintings and his work has been featured in Fine Art Connoisseur, Plein Air, and other publications.
Ep.38: Mattias Adolfsson on importance of details in your artwork and starting from scratch
Mattias is a freelance illustrator living just outside of Stockholm, Sweden. He is most known for his detailed ink illustrations,