Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lemia Crescent, a self-taught artist and video games appreciator. She has a very popular YouTube and Twitch channel where she shares a video game, movie and anime speedpaints, art supply reviews, and tutorials.
Get in touch with Lemia
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lemiacrescent/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LemiaCrescent
“You just gotta do it and put yourself out there. There will always be somebody who will love your art and you just have to help them find you!”
- Lemia started her YouTube channel making videos about art with the Crayola crayons. They became very popular because not everybody was doing similar videos
- Lemia talks about how Twitch works. The viewers subscribe to you, it works like a magazine. They have to pay to watch you and you as a creator get a % cut. Depending on how many viewers you gut it ranges from 25 – 70%
- Lemia talks about a long way to gain her subscribers on YouTube. You have to keep producing content constantly and climb up to it. Commitment and consistency count!
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Art tools
- Fav games – Supergiant Games: Bastion, The Legend of Zelda – visually interesting
- Favorite art book – Art of Loish
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Lemia for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lemia Crescent, used with permission