Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lemia Crescent, a self-taught artist and video games appreciator. She has a very popular YouTube and Twitch channel where she shares a video game, movie and anime speedpaints, art supply reviews, and tutorials.
Get in touch with Lemia
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lemiacrescent/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LemiaCrescent
“You just gotta do it and put yourself out there. There will always be somebody who will love your art and you just have to help them find you!”
- Lemia started her YouTube channel making videos about art with the Crayola crayons. They became very popular because not everybody was doing similar videos
- Lemia talks about how Twitch works. The viewers subscribe to you, it works like a magazine. They have to pay to watch you and you as a creator get a % cut. Depending on how many viewers you gut it ranges from 25 – 70%
- Lemia talks about a long way to gain her subscribers on YouTube. You have to keep producing content constantly and climb up to it. Commitment and consistency count!
Skillshare is an affordable online learning community with thousands of classes for creative and curious people, on topics including illustration, design, photography, video, freelancing, and more.
- Art tools
- Fav games – Supergiant Games: Bastion, The Legend of Zelda – visually interesting
- Favorite art book – Art of Loish
Special thanks to Lemia for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Lemia Crescent, used with permission