Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Kenny Anderson, a character designer, illustrator, and animator. He worked on the Oscar-nominated film “The Illusionist” in 2010 and with companies, such as BBC Ceebeebies, and Disney Interactive.
Get in touch with Kenny
Special offers for Art Side of Life visitors
- 💎How to Make Money as an Artist (Course) – learn to make money as an artist and live a creative career you will love
- 🎓Evolve Artist Program – better than an art college education and only at a fraction of the cost – World’s Simplest Art Training Method (I am Evolve’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
- 🎨 Storytelling with Color and Light (Course) – make your artworks more believable and appealing
- 🎧 Audible – 2 FREE audiobooks – learn by listening to hundreds of books (I am Audible’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
“Enjoy what you are doing first, everything else will fall into place!”
- Kenny always wanted to be an animator and he was obsessed with animation. He played a lot of games as a kid but figured that working in games is much better than playing them
- He wishes he has taken a business course at Uni or even high school. He always wanted to work on his own, so learning about taxes, getting the grips with the government, tax return, invoices, expenses, etc. is very important. Kenny advises not to get scared of it, there are a lot of free courses on how to start freelancing in the UK
- Kenny says if you run your own art business, you need to think about the cash flow very early on. Don’t spend lot of cash, only bare minimum and once you turn profits, you can think of investing in things that will move you forward
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Art Tools – Wacom Cintiq and Adobe Photoshop – best thing ever bought art wise
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Kenny for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Kenny Anderson, used with permission