Get in touch with Hieu
- Website: https://kelogsloops.carbonmade.com/about
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kelogsloops/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_9ObjTaq4kIvuVCJgHPPRw
“Be open-minded, challenge yourself and develop yourself because there is always somebody better than you”
- Hieu says anatomy and color is the hardest thing to do. He never took classes though. He learned from observation, observing real world, looking at people, hands, etc. His work is not realistic, but more surreal, manga and anime. He also tries to do studies a lot to learn
- Hieu advises to emulate artists that you look up to, refine their artworks and practice your own style that way
- Hieu’s huge growth on social media came with consistency and community engagement – discussing, asking for critique, constantly improving and showing off his work!
- Hieu’s work always has to be driven by feelings, the portrait, the faces, they capture the expression. Everything has to be right!
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Program in which Hieu participated when he was younger and got support from Government: Top Arts, Victoria, Australia
- School where Hieu studied in Australia – RMIT Animation
- Hieu works as a designer at Beautiful Bizarre Magazine
- Gallery in NYC where Hieu exhibited: Haven Gallery in NYC
- Art tool: Winsor & Newton watercolors set
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Hieu for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Hieu Nguyen, used with permission