Get in touch with Hieu
- Website: https://kelogsloops.carbonmade.com/about
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kelogsloops/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_9ObjTaq4kIvuVCJgHPPRw
In this course, you will learn about 17 proven ways how you can make money as an artist. And there is more! The possibilities will grow exponentially if you combine them all!
“Be open-minded, challenge yourself and develop yourself because there is always somebody better than you”
- Hieu says anatomy and color is the hardest thing to do. He never took classes though. He learned from observation, observing real world, looking at people, hands, etc. His work is not realistic, but more surreal, manga and anime. He also tries to do studies a lot to learn
- Hieu advises to emulate artists that you look up to, refine their artworks and practice your own style that way
- Hieu’s huge growth on social media came with consistency and community engagement – discussing, asking for critique, constantly improving and showing off his work!
- Hieu’s work always has to be driven by feelings, the portrait, the faces, they capture the expression. Everything has to be right!
If you like listening more than reading, Audible is for you!
Get your 1 FREE Audiobook and free access to Audible Originals library for 30-days with this special offer!
- Program in which Hieu participated when he was younger and got support from Government: Top Arts, Victoria, Australia
- School where Hieu studied in Australia – RMIT Animation
- Hieu works as a designer at Beautiful Bizarre Magazine
- Gallery in NYC where Hieu exhibited: Haven Gallery in NYC
- Art tool: Winsor & Newton watercolors set
Special thanks to Hieu for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Hieu Nguyen, used with permission