Get in touch with Hieu
- Website: https://kelogsloops.carbonmade.com/about
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kelogsloops/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_9ObjTaq4kIvuVCJgHPPRw
“Be open-minded, challenge yourself and develop yourself because there is always somebody better than you”
- Hieu says anatomy and color is the hardest thing to do. He never took classes though. He learned from observation, observing real world, looking at people, hands, etc. His work is not realistic, but more surreal, manga and anime. He also tries to do studies a lot to learn
- Hieu advises to emulate artists that you look up to, refine their artworks and practice your own style that way
- Hieu’s huge growth on social media came with consistency and community engagement – discussing, asking for critique, constantly improving and showing off his work!
- Hieu’s work always has to be driven by feelings, the portrait, the faces, they capture the expression. Everything has to be right!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Program in which Hieu participated when he was younger and got support from Government: Top Arts, Victoria, Australia
- School where Hieu studied in Australia – RMIT Animation
- Hieu works as a designer at Beautiful Bizarre Magazine
- Gallery in NYC where Hieu exhibited: Haven Gallery in NYC
- Art tool: Winsor & Newton watercolors set
Special thanks to Hieu for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Hieu Nguyen, used with permission