Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Alexandra Vuorio, aka Kasvei from Finland. She is a self-taught digital and watercolor artist, most known for painting whimsical female characters connected with nature.
Get in touch with Alexandra
“Take your time to find your style. It will come to you!”
- Alexandra shares that In Finland as a young person it’s hard to find a job and she decided to focus on art instead of doing part-time jobs that she doesn’t like
- Alexandra prefers watercolors at the moment. She likes to see through the paintbrush, and she mixes her own colors. It’s different than with digital because it’s more fun to make mistakes with watercolors. You have to go through with it!
- Her inspiration is when she has a tidy desk, which is organized in its place
- Alexandra wishes she knew that you can’t be the best at something because you always evolve and get better
- Alexandra also wishes she knew that mental health is very important for making art and she wishes people talked more about the importance of the mental health
Skillshare is an affordable online learning community with 34’000+ classes for creative and curious people, on topics including Procreate, illustration, design, photography, video, freelancing, and more.
- Art tools
Special thanks to Alexandra for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Alexandra Vuorio, used with permission