Kassi is a creative watercolor illustrator based in Germany. Using mostly pastel color palette, her characters always feel airy and dreamy. You can find a lot of her creations on her Etsy shop page. I met her on Instagram, where she is very active, interacting and creating custom artworks for her fastly growing fan base. If you want to learn more about her process of creation, she created speed paint process videos on YouTube.
Get in touch with Isabel
- Website: http://www.kassiopeeia.de/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kassiopeeia/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/
“If it comes to sharing art, it’s important, but more important thing is that you enjoy doing it, because in the end that’s why we do it!”
- Community/Network building tips from Isabel. Be nice, try not to be too selfish about your art. Communicate with your followers and be with them and try to create the channel with them. Give tips, tutorials, giveaways
- What worked for Isabel to build the community recently were giveaways – when it comes to art supplies and featuring other artists – giving them a chance to get noticed
- Isabel’s inspiration also comes from pixel art games
- Isabel thinks about her art as not only about creating something that would ‘please’ others, but it’s about the connection with your soul
- Isabel is a trained grief counselor. She saw firsthand how art can help people, it can help them to get all the bad stuff out of them and be part of a group with common activity so they don’t feel lonely any more
- Art tools:
- Notebook Diary for organizing yourself
- Book: First Love, Last Rites is a collection of short stories by Ian McEwan
Special thanks to Isabel for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Isabel Weber, used with permission