Kassi is a creative watercolor illustrator based in Germany. Using mostly pastel color palette, her characters always feel airy and dreamy. You can find a lot of her creations on her Etsy shop page. I met her on Instagram, where she is very active, interacting and creating custom artworks for her fastly growing fan base. If you want to learn more about her process of creation, she created speed paint process videos on YouTube.
Get in touch with Isabel
- Website: http://www.kassiopeeia.de/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kassiopeeia/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/
“If it comes to sharing art, it’s important, but more important thing is that you enjoy doing it, because in the end that’s why we do it!”
- Community/Network building tips from Isabel. Be nice, try not to be too selfish about your art. Communicate with your followers and be with them and try to create the channel with them. Give tips, tutorials, giveaways
- What worked for Isabel to build the community recently were giveaways – when it comes to art supplies and featuring other artists – giving them a chance to get noticed
- Isabel’s inspiration also comes from pixel art games
- Isabel thinks about her art as not only about creating something that would ‘please’ others, but it’s about the connection with your soul
- Isabel is a trained grief counselor. She saw firsthand how art can help people, it can help them to get all the bad stuff out of them and be part of a group with common activity so they don’t feel lonely any more
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools:
- Notebook Diary for organizing yourself
- Book: First Love, Last Rites is a collection of short stories by Ian McEwan
Special thanks to Isabel for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Isabel Weber, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.181: How to tell stories in your images with Matt Rhodes (Tellurion)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Matt Rhodes, an Art Director at Bioware. He has worked on Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition. His personal project called Tellurion is an attempt to tell a story entirely through visuals.
Ep.82: Freelancing since she was 15 years old with Devin Elle Kurtz (Tamberella)
Devin started her professional freelance illustrator career when she was only 15 years old! She creates stunning animals, creatures, and natural environment work. She loves to tutor and teach other artists as well and you can learn from her during private consultations or from her tutorials on Patreon and Gumroad.
Ep.67: Tips for preparing your portfolio with Matt Boismier (Tooninator)
Matt Boismier, also known as Tooninator, is a character designer and animation art director originally from Ontario, now living and working in Vancouver.
Ep.106: Devon Cady-Lee shares awesome tips on how to design characters
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Devon Cady-Lee, a freelance Character designer and Concept Artist living in Seattle. He has worked for studios like Warner Bros Turbine, Wizard of the Coast, and latest being Motiga games Gigantic!
Ep.194: What’s new with Ahmed Aldoori
In this episode we are chatting with Ahmed about what is new in his life since we talked two years ago! Enjoy!!