Karolina, better known as Lärienne or Princess Lärienne, a traditional and digital freelance illustrator from Poland. In her works, she loves bringing various characters, concepts, symbolism, and stories to life.
She loves fantasy, manga, Disney and her favorite are the elves. She has been part of Deviant Art for more than 9 years and In 2016, she was awarded the ‘Deviousness’ award for her huge impact on the DeviantArt community, supporting and inspiring fellow deviants. In 2018 she will be releasing her first book, full of her art tutorials.
Get in touch with Lärienne
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lariennechan/
- DeviantArt: https://larienne.deviantart.com/
- Tumblr: http://princess-larienne.tumblr.com/
“If the times are bad, use art as a therapy for yourself, and just try to find the artistic essence in yourself … what story you got to tell us? You are a great addition to the artistic community”
- Larienne always adds little back stories for her drawings on Instagram
- Larienne thinks that artists should focus on different social media because you never know what happens with the algorithms and where the clients are coming from
- When communicating with clients, be organized, create a schedule, answer their questions, show them WIP, update them on your progress
- Before starting, Larienne wishes she knew that you shouldn’t compare yourself to other artists – you are unique, you got your own pace and you need to focus on self-development
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through some links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info: our disclosure.
- Recommended Art books:
- Art tools
- Event that Larienne attended in the past: Japan Expo in Paris
Special thanks to Larienne for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Larienne, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.94: Drawing every time you can with Amber (Dav Kro)
Amber, aka Dav Kro, is a self-taught artist from Georgia, US. She is the Grump head and portrait artist for the Let's Play web series GameGrumps, and a story artist for Gameoverse!
Ep.109: There will always be someone who loves your art with Lemia Crescent
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lemia Crescent, a self-taught artist and video games appreciator. She has a very popular YouTube and Twitch channel where she shares a video game, movie and anime speedpaints, art supply reviews, and tutorials.
Ep.63: Talia Zoref and her journey to working with Vogue, ELLE, Glamour, HM, Gucci and Moschino
With a great passion for fashion, Talia Zoref creates art for big brands like Vogue, ELLE, Cosmo, Glamour, HM, Gucci, MAC or Moschino.
Ep.151: Atey Ghailan aka Snatti on why should always have your personal art projects
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Atey Ghailan, a.k.a Snatti, a concept artist, and illustrator, in LA. He works as Senior Illustrator and concept artist at Riot Games. In his free time, he works on his personal project called Path of Miranda.
Ep.186: Part 1 – How to get noticed as an artist on social media with Sweeney Boo
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with Sweeney Boo, a freelance artist from Canada known for her graphic novel “Eat and Love Yourself”.
Ep.112: Ashley Spires on how to choose your art agent
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ashley Spires, a children books Author and illustrator. She has published more than 20 books and worked with clients like Penguin Random House and Kids Can Press. She is the creator of the Binky The Space Cat.