Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Karly Jade Catto, a Character Designer, and Illustrator from Utah. Karly’s clients include Hasbro, Abrams Kids, Fisher-Price, American Girl Magazine. She is currently working in children’s TV Animation.
Get in touch with Karly
“Take care of yourself, your mind, body and emotions! When you take care of yourself, it will show a lot in your work!”
- Karly shares she has had issues with anxiety and mental health for a long time and it forced her to take a break from her school. When she did that and started to take care of herself more, her art started getting better as well. It is very important to be aware of the challenge.
- Karly talks about how to increase engagement for your art on Instagram and that is by giving thoughtful comments on other people’s art to start meaningful conversations
- When finding your style, Karly advises to pay attention to what you like, get inspiration from artists you follow and make those things part of your own work and eventually you will find your voice.
Art Side of Life tools & resources*
- Audible – 30-day FREE – learn by listening to hundreds of books, get Creativity Inc, the story of Pixar for free at artsideoflife.com/creativityinc and Rene Brown’s book Gifts of imperfection for free at artsideoflife.com/giftsofimperfection
- Freshbooks – 30-day FREE – super easy to use invoice and accounting software for freelancers
- Trusted Housesitters – live for free when traveling, get new inspiration and avoid art blocks
- Digital Art tool of choice
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Karly for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Karly Jade Catto, used with permission
*Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.