Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Jonas Jödicke, aka JoJoe from Berlin, Germany. He is a freelance digital artist, fascinated by the worlds of fantasy and magic, the contrast between light/dark or good/evil which he portraits in his artworks.
Get in touch with Jonas
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jojoesart/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JojoesArt/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PeeGeeArts
“Whether you want to be artist, writer, musician, you always have to keep pushing, don’t give up and at some point you will achieve your goals!”
- A few years back, Jonas went on a spiritual journey with Church and when he came back he started to implement spiritual messages in his art, deep questions: where do I come from, why am I here and where am I going. He wants to inspire people.
- Jonas approaches learning art from the perspective of surroundings. You should be aware of surroundings, understand what’s around you. You need to observe, look at humans differently, proportions of the face.
- When creating his artworks, Jonas always goes with his intuition
- When there is something he can’t draw, Jonas finds reference photos and stores them for the future as well.
- Interesting (and outrageous fact). Jonas’ work gets stolen from time to time and once his community alerted him that Madonna’s team stole his work for the art on her album!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools
- Jonas artwork is on clothes of Rageon
- Jonas prints his artwork in this print shop – Laserline printing
Special thanks to Jonas for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Jonas Joedicke, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.61: Jessica Laurent on finding yourself as an artist
Jess is a director, storyboarder, editor, character designer, animator who is passionate about teaming up with talented artists to create great projects.
Ep.47: Chris Orrillo (Krizpii) on how to develop your own art style and his journey as an artist
Christian is a self-taught, visual artist. Most of his art pieces have a glowy and fantastic feel and can be categorized as a contemporary art.
Ep.192: Part 1 – How I got the job at Disney with Laura Price (lulusketches)
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with Laura Price a.k.a Lulusketches, an artist at Disney animation and YouTuber in sunny LA!
Ep.126: How to get a job at big studio with Felipe Machado
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Felipe Machado, a digital illustrator and concept artist from Colombia who is most known for doing the cover art for music bands and working for Lucas Films. He runs Blank Atelier and Colectivo Tajalapiz.
Ep.34: The craft of urban sketching with Teoh Yi Chie from Parkablogs.com
Teoh, the founder of parkablogs.com is an artist/designer who creates graphics for news publication. He now shares his experience and knowledge on YouTube.