Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Jonas Jödicke, aka JoJoe from Berlin, Germany. He is a freelance digital artist, fascinated by the worlds of fantasy and magic, the contrast between light/dark or good/evil which he portraits in his artworks.
Get in touch with Jonas
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jojoesart/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JojoesArt/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PeeGeeArts
“Whether you want to be artist, writer, musician, you always have to keep pushing, don’t give up and at some point you will achieve your goals!”
- A few years back, Jonas went on a spiritual journey with Church and when he came back he started to implement spiritual messages in his art, deep questions: where do I come from, why am I here and where am I going. He wants to inspire people.
- Jonas approaches learning art from the perspective of surroundings. You should be aware of surroundings, understand what’s around you. You need to observe, look at humans differently, proportions of the face.
- When creating his artworks, Jonas always goes with his intuition
- When there is something he can’t draw, Jonas finds reference photos and stores them for the future as well.
- Interesting (and outrageous fact). Jonas’ work gets stolen from time to time and once his community alerted him that Madonna’s team stole his work for the art on her album!
- Art tools
- Jonas artwork is on clothes of Rageon
- Jonas prints his artwork in this print shop – Laserline printing
Special thanks to Jonas for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Jonas Joedicke, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Hi, I am Iva (rhymes with “viva”). I am a full-time self-taught artist behind Art Side of Life® and a Top Teacher on Skillshare. I have 15 years of experience in the creative field as a concept designer, illustrator, art director, and now freelance artist, content creator, and art instructor. My goal is to help you get your creative groove on with Procreate and make awesome art through practical classes, tutorials, Procreate brushes, and guides on art tools, supplies and resources. About me »
More Podcast Episodes:
Evolve Artist Academy: From Aspiring Artist To Success Story with Piper Talladay
Discover how Piper, head instructor at Evolve Artist Academy, helps aspiring artists turn their dreams into success stories in the world of oil painting.
Ep.210: Interview with community members – Donovan, Visi and Keshna (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway - Donovan (fantasy artist, Texas), Visi (Illustrator, Colorado) and Keshna (Illustrator, New Jersey).
Ep.209: Interview with community members – Alex and Petar (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Alex (graphic designer from Poland) and Petar (3D artist from North Macedonia).
Ep.208: Interview with community members – María and Manuel (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Manuel (concept artist from Argentina) and María (Comics artist from Mexico).
Ep.207: On being a Creative Director, Illustrator, and Educator with Greg Gunn
I am chatting with Greg Gunn. He is a creative director, illustrator, and animator from LA. He helps passionate people communicate their big ideas.
Ep.206: Beatrice “Bea” Blue on the importance of enjoying the journey
I am catching up with Beatrice Blue. We chat about what she has been up to since we talked last time - her time in Montreal, her new books and much more.
Ep.205: Art licensing tips with Bonnie Christine
Bonnie Christine, an artist and pattern & textile designer. She is most known for her flowery designs, making artworks for companies & products.
Ep.204: Illustration for Motion Design with Sarah Beth Morgan
Sarah Beth Morgan, a freelance art director, motion designer & illustrator based in Portland. She has worked with Gentleman Scholar and Oddfellows.