Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Jonas Jödicke, aka JoJoe from Berlin, Germany. He is a freelance digital artist, fascinated by the worlds of fantasy and magic, the contrast between light/dark or good/evil which he portraits in his artworks.
Get in touch with Jonas
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jojoesart/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JojoesArt/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PeeGeeArts
“Whether you want to be artist, writer, musician, you always have to keep pushing, don’t give up and at some point you will achieve your goals!”
- A few years back, Jonas went on a spiritual journey with Church and when he came back he started to implement spiritual messages in his art, deep questions: where do I come from, why am I here and where am I going. He wants to inspire people.
- Jonas approaches learning art from the perspective of surroundings. You should be aware of surroundings, understand what’s around you. You need to observe, look at humans differently, proportions of the face.
- When creating his artworks, Jonas always goes with his intuition
- When there is something he can’t draw, Jonas finds reference photos and stores them for the future as well.
- Interesting (and outrageous fact). Jonas’ work gets stolen from time to time and once his community alerted him that Madonna’s team stole his work for the art on her album!
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools
- Jonas artwork is on clothes of Rageon
- Jonas prints his artwork in this print shop – Laserline printing
Special thanks to Jonas for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Jonas Joedicke, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.96: Beverly Johnson on creating strong character design
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Beverly Johnson, from Burbank, California. She is a Character Designer and Story artist and graduate of Rhode Island School of Design mostly known for her work on children books.
Ep.31: Fantasy worlds building with Sean Andrew Murray (City of Gateway)
Sean is a freelance illustrator, concept artist, author, and teacher living in Florida. He is the creator of City of Gateway.
Ep.111: Great tips on working with clients with Luis Gadea
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Luis Gadea, a Character Designer, and Animator. He has worked in the animation industry on animated commercials, TV series and as a Character Designer for The Angry Birds movie and The Lego Movie Sequel.
Ep.35: Why you should take advice from people who are where you want to be with Lord Gris
Lord Gris is a Game assets designer. She creates most of her artworks digitally and she also produces prints and stickers from her creations.
Ep.18: Why you can learn much more by focusing on specific art topics with Tomasz Mro
Tomasz Mro is a Polish illustrator living in the UK. As a freelancer, he creates personal works mainly using watercolors, pencil, pens, acrylic, and inks.
Ep.146: Nic Gregory on why it’s never too late to start with art career
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nic Gregory, a Background Painter and VisDev Artist. From Australia, Nic decided to move to LA to work in the animation in mid-30s. He worked with Disney, Cartoon Network, and Rough Draft Studios.